Chapter 25

After about an hour of sitting in complete silence, they finally spoke.

"Is she dead?!" I heard Aaron say.

"I don't know." Replied Jace

"Someone should check her pulse." Said Aaron.

"Guys quit bugging her." Said Brenda, stroking my hair.

"What exactly is up with Jaycee?" Asked Sabrina.

"I know right!! Lover boy is acting weird as heck." Interfered Brenda.

"I'm sorry what?!" Started CJ. "Lover boy??? There will be no loving until you turn 35 ok Lexi?? Do. You. Understand. The. Words. That. Are. Coming. Out. Of. My. Mouth?"

"Not the right time to be playing overprotective hun." Said Brenda. "And if you ever mess up with their wedding and mess with our ship, I will bury you 20 feet below the deepest pit of hell. Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?" She threatened. I couldn't see her face but I could imagine her expression . It wasn't pretty.

"I'm going to say yes because I'm to afraid to say no." I heard CJ reply, which made me laugh.

"Did she just..." I heard Jace say.

"I think she did!!" Replied Sabrina with a squeal.

Then I went crazy. I started laughing like there was no tomorrow. I held on to my stomach and rolled on my side and continued laughing. Soon enough, everyone started laughing along with me. Within a minute, you'd think you stumbled upon a restricted wing of a mental asylum.

Five minutes later, we all stopped, our backs back along the wall of the room and we were back to complete and utter silence.

"You guys know I'm ok right? It's not like I'm going through some sort mid life crisis or anything."

"Then why did it feel like you were?" Asked Jace. "You know you can tell us anything Alexis and we'll always have your back no matter what."

"I know. I'm ok now. How about we forget this and go watch a movie and eat like we've never seen food before?" I asked, getting up and dusting myself, hoping they'd dig into my charade and give in.

They all gave each other a quizzical look before agreeing. One by one we made our way down the stairs and into the kitchen. Sabrina, Brenda, Jace and I went over to the pantry and got chips, popcorn, nutella, then went over the fridge to get the drinks and ice cream. Meanwhile, the rest were choosing a movie to watch and ended up choosing the Harry Potter series. I mean yes we watched it 40 times but I'd watch it 40 more.

Sometime after it began, Ashton came over and asked me to join him outside; citing it was important and extremely very urgent. Thinking it over, I excused myself and went with him.

"Whatsup Ash?" I asked, tightening the strings on my hoodie since the porch was pretty chilly outside.

"Jaycee isn't answering his phone Alexis and it has been a little over an hour." He said, worry evident on his face.

"He'll be the fine Ashton." I said, without a single care in the world. "It's funny how you would tell me that despite being the one fighting with him at the moment."

"You know how much he cares for you Lexi. It's just that he has some sort of a temper, he never meant for you to cry. You know him as well as I do, he would never deliberately hurt you. Besides, you're the only one he'd listen to if you told him to come back. Please Alexis. For me. It's dangerous being outside in a thunderstorm like this."

I sighed, taking my phone out and dialling his number. It started to ring. Then ring. Then ring. Then it'll go to voicemail.

I called again.