Chapter 30

- Play Song In Media During This Chapter for Dramatic Effect-

All I Want - Kodaline

**Also tell me songs you listen to when you're sad or down....here-->
✨✨✨❤️✨✨✨

Coma....

Jaycee....

Jaycee was in a coma. There's gotta be some sort of mistake right? The world cannot be this cruel! How is this possible?? Why is the universe so adamant on hurting me? On making me lose everyone I hold close to my heart?? Why me? Why?!

"Sir, the general requirements for a joke is that it has to be funny..." I said, not knowing what took over me.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I wish I was joking." He said as he patted my head, allowing to get a view of the patient's room number.

Patient Info:
Name: Jaycee Jacob Royce
Age: 18
DOB: 30/12/1995
Blood Type: A-
Room: 432

With my stomach threatening to explode its almost non-existent inner fillings, I ran towards the closest stairwell, ignoring all my friends' screams to come back.

I ran and ran until the farthest corner of the hospital where the other set of elevators were standing; a portal to a world of misery and death. My mind was blank; I wasn't thinking of anything except room 432. I got into the elevator and I thanked my tears for keeping it together.

The elevator doors opened and my legs, albite shaking, started carrying me forward.

I passed rows after rows of rooms and sick people praying to God to cure them. I passed dedicated nurses and doctors doing their best to be of assistance. I passed a couple who just had their baby, and a family that just lost a father. I passed both life and death; bliss and tragedy, until I was standing in front of room 432.

I was too scared to open it, too scared of what I would see. What if I break down and never come back again?? What if I permanently lose it?

What if...

I didn't know what to expect and I didn't know how I would react. Since I still haven't cried since I heard the news, I assumed that I was capable of keeping it together.

Boy was I wrong.

I opened the door, and stepped inside, my eyes closed and my heart beating so fast I thought my rib cage would break. Still closing my eyes, I shut the door, counted to ten seven times, then opened my eyes. Apparently I was facing the door so I turned around.

My heart fell.

Then it broke.

Then it got trampled on by a stampede of black butterflies.

The sight in front of me was more than enough to send my tears flowing down like a flooding dam. My legs were shaking so hard I had to hold on to the door to keep myself from falling.

On the bed in front of me laid Jaycee. Sorry, no, someone that resembles Jaycee that has a bruised, scar-lined face. Tubes after tubes entered his body, making him look like he's on the brink of death.

I begged my legs to move and for once, they complied. The faucet in my eyes became out of service and now the tears wouldn't stop. As I made my way to his side, I prayed that I wake up from this horrible nightmare that I'm in. My life can't be a whole series of goosebumps books! There has to be a happy part of it.