Chapter 9

We pulled up in the school parking lot. Jaycee got off and closed his door. Me on the other hand, I think I'm having some form of PTSD. My heart started beating faster and faster, my palms were sweating and flashbacks of darkness and spiders started to invade.

"Hey. Hey. Are you ok?" He said as he opened the door for me; ever the gentleman. Either that or he wanted me off his car.

"Uh y-yeah I'm fine. I just need a minute." I said, shaking like a hypothermic mess.

"Ya sure take all the time you need Lex. I'll be right out here if you need me."

After about 5 minutes I told my mind to suck it, took a deep breathe, got my things from the back seat and opened the door. Correction. I TRIED opening the door but it won't even budge. DID HE JUST LOCK ME IN HIS CAR? Damn it Jay! I searched for my phone and dialled his number.

Calling Jay(cee me rolling)👩🏼‍🚀

J: Hey Lexa.

A: Don't Lexa me! Why'd you lock me in your car?

J: (Chuckling) What do you mean?

A: Ok Ok let me break it down to you. Why. Did. You. Lock. Me. In. Your. Car.

J: Jeez I heard you the first time. What I meant is that I didn't lock you in my car idiot. The key's in the ignition.

A: WHAT?! It rea- HEY what on earth is that seeping from your AC duct?

J: Alexis you're really scaring me, What the hell is going on? You know what I'm coming stay with me on the phone

A: (Coughing) Hurry.
"Puts phone on speaker mode and puts it on driver's seat"

I tried opening every single door but to no avail. What on earth is going on? I couldn't even roll down the windows. I saw Jaycee running towards me as he also tried opening all the doors.

I started banging on the windows, the air around me becoming thicker by the second. I started becoming dizzy as more substances filled the air. I was crying for dear life and banging the windows as if that will make any difference. It was only then that I remembered something I saw on TV. I took the headrest off with the energy I had left, and with its legs smashed the window. Jaycee was taken aback but didn't do anything to stop me. In fact he took it from me through the hole that I made and finished off the rest of the window. I held on to the upper handle and jumped off the car.

I landed on the floor, coughing. Jayce was standing next to me in disbelief, his hands on top of his head. It took me 10 minutes to regain my normal breathe rate and to stand up without feeling dizzy.

"I'm really sorry about your car Jaycee." I said as I leaned on his car.

"Stop being stupid Lex. I'm the one who's sorry. I drove you here to protect you but I'm the reason you almost died again." He said with so much pain in his eyes. "I'm really sorry." This time he hugged me like his life depended on it.

"Um. I'm not dead. But don't blame yourself. I have a feeling this won't be the last time."

As if on cue, the doors were unlocked, and that's weird because the key is still in the ignition. My hacker senses were itching me but I had to check something out.

"Hey Jay can you pop the trunk for me?" I said making my way to the front of the car.

"Uh sure."

Once it gets opened, i start searching for a specific device, and it doesn't take me long to find it. Them. It doesn't take me long to find them.

"Hey Jay Jay did you take your car to the mechanics' recently?"

"How'd you know?" He said making his way to me.

The Girl They Never Noticedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें