Chapter 64

He died.

Blake killed him. In cold blood.

"If you're still in denial that i could hurt you; now you have your answer." He said, his face devoid of any ounce of regret.

Luis cried over his brother's dead body, his cries got more painful with each second. CJ came over and helped me stand up, with the little strength he had. We walked back towards our group, who had riffles and handguns pointed at Blake and his men.

Is this even legal? Are they even supposed to be carrying any weapons at all? What am I talking about? It's not like anything that's happening legal to begin with . I wasn't supposed to be here, fighting for my life and my brother's life. My friends aren't supposed to be here fighting for the both of us either, because apparently they're already gun wielding lunatics.

"So you have a choice you see. You either come with me so we can get this over with. Or we settle this right here, right now and to be honest I wouldn't care who dies. I'm giving you a choice this time."

Who does he think he is? Giving me a choice?

"And what choice would that be?" Coughed CJ, holding his chest.

The smirk on Blake's face said we didn't actually have a choice.

"Well, guessing by the pain you seem to be in, I'll say the choice of life versus death. I'm not Lucas and quite frankly I'm done chasing you around like a lame game of duck-duck-goose!"

"Well then why not let us go and we'll call it a day." Said Jaycee.

We just stood in an awkward silence for what seemed like forever.

"You know Jaycer," he started, calling him by the name he gave him. "I never really liked you anyways. Always late for class. Always blaming everyone for your shortcomings. Always protected by the principal just because you're the captain of the team..." he was interrupted by a laughing Jaycee.

Honestly, it's like this kid has a death wish or something.

"What's so funny about you dying?" Asked Blake.

"Have you completely lost it Royce?" Interjected Giovani.

"It's cute how you think I give a single shit what your opinion is about me. You caused so much pain to people I love and I promise you, promise, that if you do make it out of this alive, I'll find you and kill you with my bare hands." He sounded so calm, yet so firm and the way he spoke sent shivers down my spine.

This isn't the Jayce that I know. No. This guy is cold hearted and cruel. He speaks with certainty and with words that drop of venom.

"You won't make it out of here alive. I'll make sure you don't. Now hand over the twins or I'll be forced to take them myself."

Everyone cocked their guns and pointed them at each other.

Jaycee stood in front of CJ and I, and the rest of them followed suit; their guns in their hands.

"Over my dear body."

"In a few minutes, it will be." Replied Blake, clearly irritated by the second.

He yelled, and his men pointed their guns at us.

"Pssst. Follow me love. A beautiful lady such as yourself shouldn't see this." Said Alec as he lowered himself so as not to be seen. He lead me and CJ to a huge rock covered by a bush, parked Jace's chair next to us, and ordered us to stay there.

"Don't leave until this is over. Giovanni will kick my ass to Neptune if anything happens to you guys; especially you Lex." He smiled kindly. "So please don't leave. And here," he paused to give me something, "keep this with you. I'll feel much better knowing you can protect yourself." He said as he handed me a freaking gun.