Chapter 23

I think that sometime during our silent, 5 hour trip I fell asleep, it was a dreamless one because I was so damn tired. We played charades and Simon says until we all passed out from not getting enough sleep the night before.

It was a calm and comfortable sleep until I felt someone poke me and I opened my eyes to find Jaycee wide awake. Does this dude ever sleep? Even his brother, who I learned is called Sebastian, doesn't sleep!

"Here, I want you to listen to something. Maybe it could be our song?" He said, hopefulness in his voice.

I smiled so wide it could permanently alter my face - all thoughts of sleep forgotten.

"Sure Jay Jay. Let me listen to it." I said taking the left ear piece while he had the right one; bonding us closer.

The song started out with a slight piano intro and then started the most amazing and mesmerizing song I have ever heard. I took in every word, and every tune, every beat and every note. I wouldn't even mind listening to it for the rest of my life.

🎵Turn around I'm still the one that is holding your hand
Just like I've always been
I'm still the one that you count on
Count on me for everything

You and I never knew how to surrender
Oh no, we did it all together
This is just the beginning
It only gets better

I just wanna stay here forever
Long as the world is spinning around (round)
I promise that I won't let you down (down)
No we'll never hit the ground
Our love will last forever🎵

By the time it finished I was probably crying because my vision was blurred. Jaycee wiped away my tears, and handed me a tissue he got from God knows where. Is he like a magician? Even I, the clumsy trouble magnet, don't carry that many tissues with me.

"Let me speak first." He said, allowing me to control my weird impulses. "I came across this song when I was choosing one to sing to you for the talent show. I wanted to sing this but I thought that it was too personal and intimate to be sung on stage; so I chose that one instead. I always think of you whenever I listen to something that makes my heart flutter because that's the way you make me feel. I can't even choose a song to pinpoint the exact words I feel for you but this one comes pretty darn close." He said smiling; making my heart melt in a puddle.

"This song is so beautiful Jaycee that I can't even begin to describe how it made me feel. I guess that we officially have a song. I've never had anyone show me this much attention and I just think that I don't know what to do with it." I said, my heart beat increasing and my face turning tomato red.

"Take your time to figure it out love. It's not like I'm going anywhere." He said staring in to my eyes, his smile melting my heart.

Love.

GOD what is this boy doing to me.

"Well since you have a song for me, I actually have one for you too!" I said, shuffling through my phone. "I actually hope to play this at my wedding." I said trying to find it.

"Hey! Isn't that supposed to be a decision we make together?"

That's what I think he said. I had to be sure.