Chapter 38

AN: Since I am such a horrible person who didn't update; this is 2 chapters in 1 :) ENJOY!!

___________________________________

I laid there, afraid. Barely moving. Barely breathing. Barely alive.

Dying?

No.

Almost dying.

On a limbo between life and death.

In the front row to my own funeral.

My lungs were burning so bright, my sight was blinded.

It was becoming brighter. And brighter. And brighter.

Then it was dark.

And just like that; I was free.

I don't know what happened, or how that occurred but I was suddenly standing.

That's good, right?

No.

Not if I'm looking at my dormant body, with tubes and such connected to it.

I looked so pale, my lips almost blue.

Almost, but not quite.

Like how I'm almost dead, yet not quite.

How I almost burned to death, but not quite.

How I almost lost Jay, but not quite.

How I'm about to lose my parents. There's no "not quite" about this.

My spirit thoughts were shattered when the door to my room swung open. A leg with a cast on it sitting on a wheelchair was all that I saw for a whole minute. Maybe the person was debating whether or not to enter. They decided against it, because they were wheeled out, murmuring "I can't" over and over again.

-Soundtrack for Jaycee's part. Play for dramatic effect-

Then the room door opened again and Jaycee came inside.

As soon as he closed the door and looked at me, he broke down. I felt my spirit heart break.

No, get up.

Please don't cry.

Please Jaycee I'm fine.

"Oh...m-my God. Lex... no!" He held my hand with his right hand -since the left one was in a cast- and just started crying.

"Alexis, please come back to me. Baby, I can't live without you.... I can't function without you! Please. How am I supposed to go on with my life? I need you. Please...please."

The bedsheets were fully soaked with his tears and the pain in his cries caused a little jolt in my heart that hurts.

You won't lose me.

I'm here.

Just feel my heart, it beats for you.

I'm here.

I'm always here.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for being reckless. I'm so sorry for being a douche to you. I'm sorry for anything I might've said or did that hurt you because believe me that I didn't mean it. I'm sorry Lexi. I'm so so sorry. Please... just come back. Come back to me. My story doesn't go on without you in it. I don't go on without you by my side. I can't lose you too baby girl. Please. Say something. Move your finger. Anything. Anything at all. Please. Please.." He continued sobbing until Sebastian came in the room.