Chapter 10

This chapter is dedicated to XxMidnightSinnerXx because she's such a sweet soul who really did motivate me to finish this chapter✨❤️.

ALSO THIS AMAZING COVER UP THERE WAS DONE BY chasingfirefliesx ❤️❤️❤️❤️ LOVE LOVE LOVE IT
____________. • .___________

I took a deep breathe. I can do this. It's only high school. I told myself that about 50 times before I actually believed it. Here it goes, I thought.

I opened the door to see 25 faces facing me. It took all my willpower to not run away. I stood there like an idiot until the teacher, Mr. Blake, spoke.

"Welcome back Ms. Pierce. It's great to have my star student back." He said with a wide, genuine grin. Star student? Sir do you want them to kill me? It already happened once, who's to say it won't happen again.

"Uh thank you sir. It's good to be back." I forced a smile. Looking around, people who normally wouldn't even give me a second glance were excitedly waving in my direction. Pffft. Hypocrites. So it takes someone to have a close to death experience for you to start caring about them?? I'm so done with high school WHEN CAN I GRADUATE ALREADY.

Anyways. Back to reality.

Being the person that I am, i smiled and waved back.

Our chemistry lab is huge. Every person and their partner would have a whole row to themselves. Each desk had a microscope, bunsen burner, sink and a few sample dishes, and finally; goggles. The acids and chemicals were safely placed inside locked closets that could  only be opened with the teacher's swipe card.

With the class split in the middle and there being 25 students, I assume I'm someone's partner. Hmm I wonder who it could be. Although i really preferred working alone, it's a school rule to have a partner.

"As you know, each student was already assigned a lab partner and since you were absent I took the liberty of choosing yours for you. Your partner for the remainder of the year would be," he looked through our partners sheet, his bright neon watch almost blinding me," Mr. Ross." His watches are always unique and bright as heck but I always admi- WAIT WHAT WHO NOW?! Ross?? As in Jace Ross??

Oh God no! I was hospitalized because of one hairless baboon and now I'm partners with another?! What's he gonna do? Pour acid all over my face and claim he was trying to lighten up my eyeballs? I knew this year was gonna be horrible, I just didn't to what extent until now.

Partner for the remainder of the year kept resonating in my head. Remainder. Of. The. Year.

It was only November.

Just prefect.

I groaned as I made my way towards the coat hangers, then found my way to my place; next to the spawn of satan himself. As i put my bag on the floor, I briefly looked at him. And he looked back. With a smile. Not an "Im gonna accidentally set your hair on fire" kind of smile. No. It was a kind smile.

Did he undergo plastic surgery?

Is that why he's smiling?

He must've sensed my astonishment because he said "Welcome back partner."

Is he a robot?

Was he abducted by aliens? I mean not that I'm complaining or anything.

Why is he not so demonic all of the sudden? Is he dying? Is that what this is??