Chapter 8

AN: This is more of a filler chapter soooo ya❤️❤️

It's been 2 weeks since I was discharged. I spent about 5 days in the hospital until they were completely sure that the venom wasn't going to affect me anymore and that my head wasn't gonna explode anytime soon. My parents made this huge welcome home party, but this time they only invited my close group of friends and their parents. We had such an amazing time. The guys had a competition to see who would eat a whole box of pizza in under one minute. Needless to say Ash won. Hold on. That is until all his food from that day decided to make an appearance. On mom's expensive couch. Yeah. Annabelle wasn't happy about it, saying something along the lines of "I'm not paid enough for this."

Speaking of Annabelle, she and Lexwith were acting especially strange. No I mean even more stranger than their usual strange. Every time one of them is even close to me they do this whole "sweep of the perimeter" thing and THEN tell me what they came to tell me. Like once Annabelle came over to my room to give me the take out that I ordered, but instead of leaving, she checked my food for poison, looked outside my windows. Each. One. Of. Them. She even went to my upper library AND my closet. Every single inch of it. Lexwith on the other hand started walking me to my car, and even bought us watch dogs. Don't get me wrong, I feel loved by their actions but being overprotective makes you think they know something you don't.

In regards to the hooded guy and Creepy Phone guy, I haven't heard anything else about them, but I have a feeling that Jaycee does. You know why? The Riddler here never came back to my room as he promised, nor did he even show up to school- according to the gang- for 2 days. He never returned my calls or even answered ANY one of the 15,000 messages I left him. And after I started school, he INSISTED that he be the one to drive me to and from school. That's nice of him right?? Not if his house is 20 minutes away from mine and 10 minutes closer to the school. Whenever I ask him why he's being so damn stubborn and mysterious, he shuts me up by saying "What? I always wanted a younger sister to be overprotective about. And you, clumsy face, fit the bill."

He doesn't want to give me a straight answer so I'll do what I do best; Hack. Yup you heard me right. No you don't have to check if you read that right. I said hack. I developed this mini device that fits into the USB slot and sucks the data of the recent 7 days. Well they call me a nerd right? So why not live up to the name? Anyways this devices retrieves information from laptops and computers even if the files were deleted. It retracts every piece of information there is.

Passwords.
Emails.
Search History.
Documents.
Everything.

But I don't want any of that; that would be spying. No. All I want is to know what he's been up to since he left my hospital room that day. Since the day he saw that note on my phone. I'm not trying to uncovet he deepest secret. Nothing like that no. It's just a friend checking in on her friend. Nothing more or less.

•••••

I woke up to the sound of the most annoying alarm clock. Today is my first day back after that fall. I'll be sure to give Brad a piece of my mind, oh and a sandwich. A knuckle sandwich that is.

Thankfully I didn't have anymore nightmares. I got up, went to the bathroom, freshened up and went to my closet. I chose my usual. Black pants, my Flash hoodie, and black converse. This time, I actually sat down and put on some make up. I don't want to look like some troll who came back from hell. Anyways, I applied eye-liner to my upper and lower eye lids, put on some blush, mascara, and pink lip gloss. I straightened my hair and let it fall to my waist as I always did. I put on my eye glasses before I forgot them like I did almost half the time. Oh ya. About those. That God forsaken fall messed with my eyesight soo, ya I have to wear eyeglasses permanently. Not that I'm complaining though I look pretty darn awesome. (PIC IN MEDIA)

I got a text message from Jaycee telling me that he'd be here in 20 minutes. Great. That gives me plenty of time to have breakfast. I go down the staircase and into the kitchen. I was expecting to find my parents, but I was greeted with silence and an empty kitchen. My plate was on the table with eggs and hot dogs with a note written to me courtesy of mom and dad.

"Good morning pumpkin. We had to leave early for a joint meeting and we have to fly to New York later but we'd be back in 3 days.
                                                Love you,
                                                     Mom and Dad xoxo"

I ate my breakfast in silence, put my plate in the sink and went outside to wait for Jay Jay. I passed time by listening to my favourite song Forgettable by Project 46.

"Tell me who threw your chance away
Did they even know your name
If you live in the echos
Your heart doesn't beat as loud
You're not invisible
You're not alone you're worth more than they know
But you've been running running running
When you should have known
You're not forgettable"

I saw Jaycee's Range Rover pull up and I got off the swing and went to the front seat. I put my bag and books at the back and opened the door. Correction. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I knocked on the window and he slid it down and I gave him the "What the heck are you doing" look.

He shrugged. "I'm sorry missy but I'm actually waiting for my friend. She kind of dresses like you but trust me she's nowhere as pretty as you. Oh and she also doesn't wear glasses that make her look adorable. All in all she looks like someome who just left gym class." He said with a smirk, looking around "for me".

"Really Jay Jay? You could've just said that I looked pretty today. No need for all this drama. And besides you would've known that I got prescriptions if you actually answered my phone calls or text messages or voicemails. Any of the 50000 i sent. NOW PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE I FREEZE."

He opened the door while laughing like an idiot. After I put on my seatbelt we were on our way to school.

"Hey Lexa?" He said, almost in a hush.

"Ya?"

"You look pretty today." He said, focused on the road.

"Thanks." I said, blushing like no one's ever complimented me while fumbling with the radio until it started playing such an amazing song. "Love Will Last Forever" by Renald Franceour.

"But you still look like a chimpanzee who just came out of gym class every other day." He said with a laugh. And I joined in.

"Way to ruining the moment bro."