Chapter 62

Blake stood there, pointing his gun at us; at me.

"What is it with you? No matter how many times we knock you down, you seem to get right back up princess. What's your case?" He says comically, like this whole thing amuses him.

"Don't you dare take a step forward." Warns Jaycee, his arm in front of me, shielding me.

"Or what lover boy? Do you want me to break your arm again? Trust me, I'm not Lucas, I won't hesitate for a second!" He said, pointing his gun towards Jaycee now.

He wants me. They don't want Jaycee and I'm positive they'll kill him just to get to me. I won't let that happen because unfortunately I love him and there's no way in hell I'm letting anyone hurt him; not when I have a say in it.

How am I supposed to convince him to leave though? He won't go without me.

Then it hit me. He's standing right in front of the trap door which is open! Maybe I can push him down there and close it. That way, Blake will have to kill me in order to get to them.

"What do you want from me? Why are you going through great lengths just to capture me? I know you don't want me dead. So what is it?" I let out, begging my fear not to show itself.

"I actually want to kill you but Lucas is the one who's insisting that you stay alive. I'd rather do to you what we did to that dumb twin of yours. Look at him now, he's beyond done for. All he is, is a vegetable, and he's not coming out of that state; ever. I made sure if it." He replied with all the anger and resentment in the world.

I was about to charge at him but Jaycee held me in place.

"So now what you lunatic?" Said Jaycee, shifting a little, moving me a step back with him.

"Well, now I get to take my sweet time. Lucas isn't here to tell me what to take it easy. And there is no exit out of here, so it's not like you little idiots are going anywhere." He said twirling the gun in his finger like it isn't going to accidentally go off and shoot us both.

"It's ready!" I heard someone whisper; probably from the tunnel.

"What was that?" Said Blake, trying to focus on the noise; looking frantically around the room.

"What was what? Are you starting to hear things now you weirdo." Taunted Jaycee.

"You really wanna be poking the hornet's nest right now?" I whisper in his ear.

"Just trust me." He whispered back.

"What are you two whispering at?" He yelled getting a little suspicious, and quite frankly a little paranoid.

"Nothing. I'm just telling her how much of an idiot you look. I mean, you really, really have a punchable, watermelon shaped face." Said Jaycee.

He really does have a death wish.

Blake chuckled, bringing back - for a split second - the chemistry teacher we all loved.

Then he spoke and that image went to hell.

"They say when someone senses danger or senses that their life is ending, they start making extremely dumb jokes. Some even say they're not even funny." He said, talking to himself like a deranged sociopath we all know him to be.

"What the hell do you want Blake? If you want us dead, shoot me already." I said, getting frustrated by his stalling.

He took a few steps towards us, fire burning in his eyes.

"Hey I don't want to die!" Whispered Jaycee in my ears. "I would die for you, not because Dr. Jekyl here thought it'd be cool."

"Awh look at you two." He said, feigning affection. "Your filthy parents would be proud..."