Chapter 35

"CJ?" I said, barely above a whisper.

Why is life so cruel?

Why is life like this?!

Wait is he also kidnapped?

"What - what are you doing here?" I asked, sitting up on my bed, all traces of sleep lost on me.

"What am I doing here? Well you're smart Alexis, I'm pretty sure you can figure it out all on your own." He said as he casually put his hand on Blake's shoulder.

Why is he acting all brotherly with him? Why is he even here?!

"Well I'm not smart. So mind explaining what the hell is going on?" I said, crossing my legs under the duvet.

"Should we tell her?" He said, looking at Blake.

"I don't see why not, it's not like she's going anywhere." Replied Blake, raising my anxiety.

They both came to sit at the foot of my bed, causing me to crawl back towards the headboard.

"Really princess? If we wanted to hurt you, we would've done that a long time ago. Besides, if we hurt you, who would we give the first seat tickets to?" Said Blake.

"Don't. Call. Me. Princess!"

"I'll call you what ever the hell I want!"

Damn. Calm your demons down.

"Shouldn't we wait for him though? He loves telling a good story." Said CJ.

"Him? There's THREE of you!!?"

What on earth!

"As I said kid, the party is just beginning."

"Well... we can always tell her our side of it before the big guy arrives. Whataya say?" Said CJ.

"Do lead the way little man."

"Call me little one more time Blake. I dare you. I double triple dare you Blakey boy." He said, looking down at him even though they were the same height.

Sorta.

I guess at this point, I'm pretty sure that they were not going to hurt me. So being the bigmouthed chihuahua that I am, I chose this exact time to piss them off.

"Ok ok boys calm down now. Someone took your crayon, boohoo. Get over it. You're grown ups. Supposedly. If you use the term very loosely. Now, come on. Down boy. Come on. Down Spike. Down Rusty." I said, stifling a laugh.

I know.

I'm supposed to be crying. Pulling my hair out. Maybe even crying for dear life. For some reason though, I was holding on to the super thin thread that CJ would somehow keep me safe.

Call me crazy.

Call me too hopeful.

Overly optimistic.

Maybe even delusional.

But I know that he is my twin. My own flesh and my own damn blood. I don't think he would do anything that would hurt me. He wouldn't just stand there as my ex-favourite teacher -turned-not-so-favourite does something to harm me. I just know he wouldn't.

Or maybe I spoke too soon.

The looks on their faces are priceless. They're both looking at me like I just told them that I'm pregnant with Double Mac twins.

"That mouth of yours is going to get you in a lot of trouble you know that?" Said CJ, as they pulled two chairs to sit next to the bed.

"Whatever. When will I be going home? Please?" I ask, weirded out by the sudden change of emotion.