Chapter 33

Finn's POV

Rory seemed to be a ball of nerves as we walked out to the car to leave for dinner. I stopped her and wrapped her in my arms, hugging her tightly until I could feel her relax.

"Take a deep breath, Love. They're going to love you" I reassured her.

"I hope you're right. Thank you for trying to keep me calm; I know you must be freaking out about telling your family too, but you're still taking care of me" Rory replied quietly. I took her hand and led her out to my car, helping her into the passenger seat, and then walked over to the driver's side and sat down.

"I won't lie - it's a little nerve-wracking - but I think they'll be excited for us. That reminds me, what did your mom and Luke say when you told them that we're having twins?" I asked as I pulled out of the parking garage and onto the street.

She looked over at me and laughed.

"Mom was so excited. She insisted on saying everything twice for a good ten minutes - I thought Luke was going to kill her" Rory chuckled. "She kept going on and on about how excited she was to have two grandbabies to spoil."

"And your dad? Have you told him yet?" I asked.

"Actually, he does know about the pregnancy, but I haven't told him we're having twins yet. He's here in Boston so I thought I might go see him tomorrow and tell him in person?" she asked.

"Of course, Kitten. I'll go with you if that's okay - I would like to meet him."

Rory's face lit up and she smiled broadly. "That would be perfect. He and I haven't always been close, but these last few years it's gotten better. He's been fantastic since I found out I was pregnant," Rory agreed.

We pulled up in front of Rino's Place and I helped Rory out of the car.

"This place is fantastic, Love. It was on that Guy Fieri show - Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives - and they have the best homemade pasta. I think you'll love it" I assured her as I led her in the door. I spotted Mum and Dad at a table in the back and waved to them as we made our way over. I didn't miss the look on their faces. I'd never brought a girl to meet them before, and their surprise showed. They stood as we reached the table and I hugged them both before making introductions.

"Mum and Dad, I'd like you to meet Lorelai Gilmore, although she goes by Rory. And Rory, these are my parents: my father, Finnick Morgan, and my beautiful mum, Anita" Finn introduced.

"It's very nice to meet you, Rory. Please, call me Annie" mum greeted her warmly, taking her hand and smiling. She had no idea what was about to come from this meeting, but she was floored that it appeared I might be settling down - ecstatic couldn't begin to describe the look on her face.

"Yes, very nice, dear! And please, call me Nick. None of these formalities" dad said, taking her hand in his as soon as mum had let go.

Rory smiled widely, happy things seemed to start smoothly, and made small talk with ease.

"Mum, have you heard from Evie and Patrick? They're still planning on coming?" I asked.

"Yes, of course. They just got caught up in a little bit of traffic, but they're on their way. Should be anytime now" she said.

He nodded. "You look nervous, son. Is everything alright?" Dad asked me. "Uh, yeah, just new to this whole introducing thing" I said, trying to act as if that was all. I didn't want to give too much away until we were ready to make our announcement.

"So Rory, tell me about yourself! Finn tells me you're also a Yale graduate...?" Mum trailed off and Evie swept into the room.

"I'm so sorry we're late, everyone! Traffic was a nightmare. Thank goodness Patrick was driving or I don't think we would have made it out alive!" She said dramatically.