Chapter 36

Finn's POV

Rory and I had settled into the apartment later that evening, and she wanted to try some take out from different places in the area.  Truth be told, I was happy to just get to spend some more one-on-one time with her, without worrying about anyone else being around.  Some of our best moments were when it was just the two of us.

"Comfy, Kitten?" I asked teasingly, seeing her lounged on the couch when I came back in the living room from changing into some more comfortable clothes.

She didn't move, but I saw her smile and nod slightly.  "You have the most comfortable couch I have ever had the pleasure of flopping on" she teased back.

I laughed and sat down beside her, resting her feet in my lap.  "Food should be here in about thirty minutes, want to watch some TV in the meantime?" I asked her. 

She shrugged.  "Meh, I don't care.  I'm kinda enjoying just doing nothing" she said. 

"I bet you are.  You don't have much to worry about when you're here with me, Love" I promised her, earning me another smile.

"I know.  And thank you for that.  I needed to just relax a bit.  Things have been so up in the air lately, and so stressful, this may just be where I need to come to escape from it all" she told me.

"I'd like that.  And, you're welcome here anytime" I told her. 

"Thank you.  I may just have to take you up on that" she said, biting her lower lip.  I've come to realize she does this when she's nervous about something. 

"So, my sister texted me earlier.  She wanted to apologize for being so harsh last night.  She meant well, but the execution was terrible" I told her, changing the subject.

"They don't know me, so I can understand why they could assume someone you were with would try to trap you or something.  I don't really blame them.  In all honesty, I'm a little surprised that you believed me so easily.  I mean, I'm definitely not lying, and they're definitely yours, but I would've thought that you would have needed proof or something" she said. 

I pressed my lips together and shook my head thoughtfully.  "No.  I mean, yeah, if it were anyone else, of course!  I would have never believed it without proof, but with you?  I trust you, Rory.  One hundred percent.  I know you would never lie to me, even more so, I know you would absolutely never lie about something like that.  I know you better than that" I told her. 

She turned to look at me in surprise.  "Really?" she asked me, in such a small voice.  I couldn't help but smile at her as I nodded. 

"Really.  I never once doubted you - once I was smart enough to fit all the puzzle pieces together, of course" I teased.

She sat up and came closer, wrapping her arms around me, and hugging me tightly.  "Thank you, Finn.  You have no idea what that means to me" she whispered.

I kissed the top of her head, and wrapped my arms around her, pressing my cheek into her hair.  "You never have to thank me for that, Love.  Ever" I promised. 

We sat there in silence, wrapped in each other's arms, when my phone started to ring.  I could recognize by the ring tone that it was Logan, and seeing as how this was his first attempt at contact since I told him about being with Rory, I figured it was too important to miss. 

"Love, it's Logan" I told her.  She pulled away and nodded, and I reached for the phone.  "Hey, Mate!" I said, happy to hear from my friend.

"Hey, man.  I'm sorry that it's been a couple of weeks - I needed some time to come to grips with everything" Logan replied as soon as I greeted him.  I nodded my head, even though he couldn't see me.