Chapter 76

"Hey kid, how are you and my favorite grandbabies doing today?" Lorelai asked after I answered the door and she was standing there on the other side.

I laughed at the sight of her. "We're fine, but you know I've told you over and over that you can just walk in" I reminded her for the thousandth time.

"I know, I know, but I can't help it. Even though the inside looks completely different, from the outside, it's still very much Richard and Emily Gilmore's house, and for that I will probably never feel comfortable just walking in" she said, and I laughed again.

"So what you're saying is I need to make changes to the outside to make you feel more comfortable?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes! Exactly!" she said, hanging her purse on the coat rack by the door and making her way inside. "So where are my two favorite grandbabies, anyway?" she asked.

"You are aware that they're your only grandbabies, right?" I reminded her.

"Meh, minor details" she said waving my comment away.

"They're napping, they only just laid down about thirty minutes ago, so no you can't go wake them up" I said sternly, cutting her off at the pass and she pouted.

"Spoilsport" she grumbled.

I laughed and walked to the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee. "So what's up? Just in the neighborhood?" I asked her, getting two mugs out of the cabinet.

"Actually, I just wanted to come by and visit. It's a special day, you know! Can you believe it's been a year already since you told us their genders!? It's so hard to believe that they're already six months old!" she said reminiscing back on all of the milestones over the last year.

"I know, and that they've already had their first Christmas!" I said happily.

"And that you and Finn have officially been together for over a year" she reminded me and I nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, it's been a whirlwind of a year, but it's been the best year of my life" I said wistfully with a smile.

She smiled back and nodded. Finn and I decided the best way to make sure we got to spend the holidays with both our families was to invite my mom, Luke and Grandma to Australia with us, that way we could spend time with everyone all at once. We also made arrangements to spend the whole day before we left with my dad, so that he wasn't excluded.

"I still can't believe it's been a whole year since we had a party, right here in this very room, announcing that I was going to have one of each" Lorelai said and I laughed.

"That you were going to have one of each, huh?" I teased.

She laughed. "You know what I mean. In some ways though, it feels like it should be way more than a year. It feels like they've always been a part of our lives, it's hard to imagine life before them now" she said.

I smiled and nodded, knowing exactly what she meant. "I still can't believe you tackled Finn when he played that joke on everyone" I told her.

"You can't scare a person with triplets and get away with it!" she blurted out, and we both laughed.

Finn had brought out a third box after the first two boxes had been opened, and my mom about had a heart attack. When it was opened, though, the balloon said "Just kidding! There's only two!" and she tackled him and was hitting him and really laying it on him, Luke had to pull her off.

"That was a fun party. Just think, next we'll be having a wedding here!" I said.

"I still don't understand why you're getting married here of all places" she said.