Chapter 63

Finn's POV

The moment the car pulled up to the curb, I bolted out the door and into the hospital. Lorelai had texted me directions to Rory's room, so I rushed through the halls with Mum right behind me. I rounded the last corner and paused for a split second to gather my wits before walking into her room. I knocked quietly and poked my head around the door.

"Hey, come on in" Lorelai whispered when she saw me. "She just fell back asleep a little bit ago, but she'll be so happy that you're here."

"I'm so happy to be here, believe me" I replied quietly.

Lorelai and Emily met me in the middle of the room and both hugged me tightly. "I'm glad you're here, Finn" Emily whispered.

"I'm glad to be here. Emily, Lorelai, Luke and Christopher, this is my mum, Annie. Mum, this is everyone. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get my arms around my girl - I've waited long enough."

I walked over to Rory and finally felt like I could exhale. I kicked off my shoes and crawled into bed next to her, just as her email had asked. I wrapped my arms around her and sighed - I felt complete at last. She began stirring a bit and I leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"Finn?" she asked sleepily, burrowing further into my arms.

"It's me, baby. I'm here" I whispered. I'd done a pretty damn good job of holding it together the last couple of hours, but having her in my arms now was more than I could handle, and I began crying again. "I was so worried about you, Ror."

"I'm okay. We're all okay" she said, moving my hand to her stomach. "I'm so glad you're here, though, Finn. I just...I needed you so badly" she said, tears streaming down her cheeks now as well.

"I think we'll all just head down to the cafeteria for a bit and give you two some time alone" Lorelai said, ushering everyone out of the room. The door closed behind them, leaving us alone.

"Please don't leave me again, Finn. I was so miserable without you. Everyone around me could see it, which is what prompted the decision to come surprise you" she said softly.

"I'm not going anywhere, baby. I can't - this is where I belong, where I want to be. I need to be with my family" I said emotionally.

"There's so much I need to tell you" she said, yawning as she spoke.

"It can wait. You need to rest" I whispered.

"No, it can't wait. That's why I had to talk to you, Finn. I talked to Luke, and it helped me realize something, but I wanted to tell you in person. I just...I thought it would be best that way - more personal and all. That may not even make any sense, huh? God, I'm so bad at this" she rambled.

"Whoa, take a deep breath there, baby. You're adorable when you ramble, but whatever you need to tell me, there's no need to be nervous. It's just you and me, Ror."

"You and I talked in New York, the morning after we made love, and I told you that you had all of these beautiful feelings for me and that I wanted to return them. And then you reassured me that you were mine, for whatever I wanted. I realized, Finn - I'm yours. I wasn't ready to admit it then, but that didn't change what I was feeling. I...I love you" she whispered, tears still falling down her beautiful face.

"Wait, what?" I asked in surprise, wanting to make sure I heard her clearly.

She smiled and bit her lip, "I think you heard me, smart guy" she teased.

"Well, I think I did, but I would absolutely love to hear it again" I whispered, running my fingers through her hair.

"I said I love you" she said with a smile.

"Oh man, I could definitely get used to hearing that. God, I love you Rory" I whispered, kissing her deeply.

We broke apart, but lingered. "Good, because I could get used to saying it" she whispered.

"I guess I have something to ask you then, seeing as how I've been going crazy out of my mind these last few days" I said.

She looked at me expectantly, prompting me to continue.

"Will you please let me call you my girlfriend, for crying out loud!?" I asked dramatically with a laugh.

"Maybe. But only on one condition" she said.

"And what's that?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Only if I get to call you my boyfriend" she asked sweetly.

"Oh bloody hell, are you kidding me!?" I asked.

She shook her head and bit her lip again, her smile growing as big as mine. "I love you so much" I whispered.

"I love you, too" she whispered back.

There was a light knock on the door and a nurse walked in. "Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt!" She said.

"It's okay, this is my boyfriend, Finn. He's the twins' dad, and he just got here from Australia" Rory explained to the nurse.

"Ah, so that explains it!" The nurse said.

"Explains what?" I asked curiously.

"I was outside and noticed their vitals on my computer screen, and how much they've improved in such a short amount of time. They must've missed you so much that they needed you here to make them feel better" she said.

I laughed lightly. "Well, that would make total sense then, wouldn't it? I've been the exact same way the entire time we were apart" I told her.

"Well welcome back, Finn. They're definitely happier and healthier with you by their side" she said, checking a few other vitals and then excusing herself out.

"Okay, now that we've said all of our important things we needed to say, we need to get you back to bed, sleepy girl. I'll take a nap with you, since I can finally relax now that I'm with you" I told her.

She nodded and cuddled onto her side, getting comfortable, and I spooned behind her, holding her close in my arms, and we both drifted off to sleep. I was home.