One| working hard.

Aubree.
6:01am, Los Angeles, California

Walking into the house after working another 12 hour shift at the office catching up on paperwork, I let out a sigh of relief. My feet were burning and my head was pounding. Tired was an understatement for me right now. I was ready to go and lay in my big comfy bed but that would be pointless since I had to get my brothers and sister up for school.

My name is Aubree Mack, I am a parole officer, 26 and the legal guardian of 3 amazing kids due to our mother being in and out of rehab. She'll go a few years clean until she gets around her old friends and then it's back into somebody's facility. She made a promise to me that this will be the last time but I'm not trying to hear that.

So now I'm busting my ass to take care of 2, 18 year old boys Jeremiah and Jermaine and a 5 year old little girl, Ariel. Working 12 hour shifts, sometimes 24 hours just so that they can live comfortably. Me and my brothers father was in the Air Force, 10 years ago he was killed during an air strike. The military helps out a little bit. Ariel's father was my moms dealer. He offers to help but I have to sleep with him.

Niggas.

My life is extremely hectic but I guess the weight on my shoulder will lighten up once my brothers go off to college even though I'll probably cry when they leave. They both play sports so college will most likely be covered by a scholarship. They can be a pain in the ass while at school but they maintain amazing grades.

Girls are always all over them.

'Oh my gooood, your brothers are so fine!'

Blah blah blah.

Those are my babies though and I'll jump over the moon and the stars for them.

Walking into my sister Ariel's room, I started getting her clothes out. She's so hectic in the morning. Always crying, sometimes I cry with her because I'm so damn tired. Luckily Summer is vastly approaching so I don't have to deal with this much longer.

Once I had her stuff ready I went back down to the kitchen to fix my babies some breakfast. That usually gets my brothers up, greedy asses. One thing about teenage boys, they'll eat you out of a house and home. I need food stamps dealing with these fools.

The sweet smell of pancakes and greasy bacon filled the air. Then I started hearing movement from upstairs. I glanced at the clock. It was 6:50, the time they usually wake up.

About 20 minutes later the twins appeared.

"Hey Miah, hey Maine." I spoke.

"Wassup Aubree." They replied in unison. I handed them their food then made Ariel's plate and sat in the microwave.

"You guys going to see Mommy today?"