Thirtytwo| crazy, stupid, love.

Aubree The Next Week

Aubree
The Next Week

After work, I went and picked up Chris then we headed out for a dinner date. He's been super quiet ever since I told him about the baby. I know he's happy but he's also worried and that I understand as well. But I don't want him to be that way though. Everyday trying to convince him that I'm going to be okay isn't working.

I'm just going to make sure he's at every appointment and apart of my pregnancy 24/7.

We've been sitting at the table for about 30 minutes now and he still hasn't said anything, he just stayed on his phone. Reaching over, I pulled it out his hand and tucked it in my purse. Sighing, he looked up at me.

"Aubree I need my phone."

"You don't, talk to me."

"Ain't nothing to talk about." He grabbed a napkin and snatched the pen that I had tucked in my shirt then started drawing.

Exhaling I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Hey are you guys ready to order?" The waitress asked.

"Yes can I have the buf-."

"Naw She don't want that." Chris cut me off. "You can bring us both bacon cheese burgers, with loaded fries. No onions or tomatoes on hers."

I rolled my eyes. Now he wants to talk. "And can you bring me extra mayo and ketchup and mustard?" I asked.

"Sure." The waitress said while grabbing our menus.

As soon as she left Chris went back to doodling like a little bitty ass kid.

"I'm not sure why you have an attitude with me." I said to him.

"I don't have an attitude, I just don't want to talk."

"That's fucked up though. We should be talking. Chris I know what's bothering you and I get I-."

"You don't get it. Have you been in a hospital hallway waiting for them to tell you that your child and her mother is okay. But instead they come out with a straight face and said they did all they could do."

"No ive never been in that situation but Chris why are you treating me like this is my fault? You wanted me pregnant, right? This is what you wanted. Did what happen to Nia slip your mind for a second when you kept asking me to have your baby? Are you regretting our baby because of what happened to her?"

"I can't lose anybody else that I fucking love Aubree."

"You're not going to lose me Chris. What happened to her was unfortunate but that's going to make us stay on our job so that me and our child comes home healthy."

"Whatever man."

"So are you not going to be active during my pregnancy because you're scared? Are your deadbeat tendencies showing?"