Thirtythree| thankful.

I wrote this while trying to fight and keep my eyes open. So excuse any mistakes, I don't feel like proofreading and I don't want to wait until later to post 👍🏽

 So excuse any mistakes, I don't feel like proofreading and I don't want to wait until later to post 👍🏽

Aubree.
Thanksgiving Day

In the midst of all the craziness going on, I was finally happy. Why? Because it's fucking thanksgiviiiiing! And I'm about to be so fucking greedy, I don't even care if I get sick. Well I do card because of the baby but I'm just ready to eat.

Shockingly, I was ready to spend the day with my mom, but Chris literally begged me to come over to his house because his family will be over. I'm not in the mood for a meet a greet but I guess I'll stop by.

After our weird little argument, I went home. I don't care if we apologized, I'm sick of all the shit. I needed peace and quiet and I've been getting that at my home.

My mom hasn't been bothering me, Ariel is okay, my brothers are here. I'm good.

If I don't like anything else my mom does, I love love love her cooking. She wasn't one of those lazy stay at home moms, she handled business. Especially in the kitchen, that's where I got all my skills from.

When she told me she wanted to cook, I got excited and we instantly went to the grocery store.

Now I'm sitting at the counter watching her move around the kitchen. My stomach is growling so damn loud, it's crazy. My little one must know it's some good food around.

"Oh my gosh Ma, how much longer? I'm starving." I whined.

"Aubree, don't make me put you out of here."

"Technically you can't."

"I don't care if it's your house. I'm trying to concentrate and you're asking me am I finished every two seconds."

"Okay, okay. I'm can't help that I'm hungry."

"Eat a snack or something."

"Oh no no no, that's against the black family thanksgiving rules."

She chuckled. "We do starve before we eat huh?"

"Yes we do."

"What time are your brothers coming?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, hopefully it's before I leave. I'll be back though."

"Well I wanted to talk to you three about something really important."

I raised an eyebrow. "What's that?"

"I really want to fix my family Aubree. I've had a lot of talks with myself and god and the more I thought about it, I realized that it's like I was never there for you guys."

"Ma this is something that I've been telling you for what? Five years?"

"I know Aubree, I was being stubborn and I had that devil in my ear, something else you all have warned me about. It's just when your dad died things shifted for me. I was in a terrible space. I didn't make sure my babies were okay. I did the wrong things to cope with losing him and that brought horrible things into our lives. The best part is Ariel. And speaking of Ariel, I have something for you." She rushed away.