FiftyTwo| watch your back.

Christopher

Christopher.
Two Months Later

I fucked up.

I fucked up big time!

The last thing I should've done was told this woman that she didn't have a budget for this damn wedding. It's 60 days away and here I am, sitting at the table writing ANOTHER check, because she forgot something. And the minute I try to say no she damn sure knows how to change my mind.

I've spent at least a quarter million on this wedding. That's another Rolls Royce for me or a matching one for her. She spent 10,000 on dresses FOR HERSELF, she doesn't have bridesmaids and 5 bands on flowers. We got this expensive ass church that might catch on fire when my unholy ass step inside.

Man I gotta put my foot down and tell this girl no and actually mean it.

"Hey baby." Aubree said coming into the kitchen.

"Wassup." I put out my cigarette before she started tripping. I ripped the check out the book and held it up. "Aubree Nicole, listen to me and listen good. I'm not giving you no more money. Stop picking out extra shit that we probably don't need."

She looked at me then started laughing.

"Aubree I'm not playing." I said while taking the check back. "You getting outrageous with this spending. Why the fuck do we need 5,000 dollars worth of flowers?"

"We needed flowers for the church and the reception Chris."

"Aubree not that many though. You trying to go broke all for a wedding."

"Don't tell me I can have whatever I want and then when I try to get things how I want it's a problem! You'll spend this much money on jewelry or a car but not for one of the most special days of your life?"

"A piece of jewelry or a car I can have forever, this wedding is just one damn day and to please people that I could careless about. If it was up to me, me and you would be on a fucking flight to Vegas or standing in front of a judge down town. This shit ain't worth it."

"This right here is why I wanted to help pay for this because one thing I hate is not being able to do what I want."

"It ain't about the wedding Aubree it's about the marriage."

"Shut up with yo fake deep ass. I know it's about the marriage but why does my wedding have to be downplayed because for once in your damn life you want to be cautious with how you spend money."

"When you start writing the checks then maybe I'll stop complaining."

"I will start writing the checks."

"They all gone bounce broke ass."

She gasped and her eyes grew. "Nigga What?!"

I low key felt bad about what I said but it was too late to take it back. "You heard what the hell I said. You ain't got no money. I'm paying for everybody to live comfortably and you want me to blow money recklessly on a wedding? Hell no."