Fortysix| common ground.

Omniscient
The Meeting

Chris, Aubree and Joyce sat in the living room of Chris and Aubree's home waiting for the arrival of the Guzman family. Today they were finally going to try and put these issues aside and focus on what's really important, Royalty.

Chris isn't too excited about having to share his daughter with people she doesn't know. But at the end of the day they are her family and he's tired of dealing with all of this unnecessary drama. All he wants is peace. His son will be here next month, they have a wedding to plan, it's a lot of other shit he needs to focus on.

Aubree was nervous, she knows that this could go very left, she knows how Chris can get, especially when he gets aggravated. He's very overprotective of his daughter.

Mama Joyce, got up from her seat and went to check on the food she was preparing. She knows that she created a disaster and from all the things she told Nia's family, they practically hate Chris and were at the point of no return. She knew that this would end bad and have her son hating her again. She hoped that they would listen and to everything she had to say and Chris had to say.

The doorbell rang, grasping everyone's attention.

Joyce walked out of the kitchen and opened the door.

"Hello Joyce." Nia's mom, Maria said walking into the house.

"Hello." Joyce returned the greeting. "You guys can follow me."

She took them Nia's mom and sister into the dining room. Aubree and Chris soon joined them.

"What is she doing here?" Maya asked, pointing to Aubree.

As soon as Aubree got ready to respond Chris pulled her behind him. "Before we speak on anything regarding my daughter, let's set some shit straight. Aubree is apart of her life. She knows Royalty better than the both of you. Next year she will be her step mother. One thing I'm not about let anybody in this room do is disrespect her. You can't be mad about me not being with a woman that isn't even alive. Aubree is going to be here whether you like or not. If you don't like it, you can leave. Simple." Chris said.

No one said anything so they took their seats.

"Is anyone hungry? I cooked." Joyce said.

"No." Maya and Nia's mom said.

"I am." Aubree said while getting ready to stand but Joyce told her that she'd make her plate.

"I'm not here to beat around the bush or have a family dinner." Chris said. "We're here to talk about Royalty and that's what we're going to do. My daughter is 5 and nobody has contacted me about seeing her until last year. I told you no because she doesn't know y'all. Now here you come trying to take my baby away. Let me tell y'all right now, that's not happening at all."

"How do you think a man like you is fit to raise a child?" Nia's mom asked.

"I've did it for five years. She's perfectly fine. When Nia died nobody cared about my child. I had to do everything on my own with my mothers help. Y'all didn't care about Royalty!"

Aubree rubbed his leg, knowing that he was getting aggravated just like she predicted.

Joyce returned with Aubree's food. "Can I say something?" She asked. "I was wrong. I shouldn't have came to Maya and Maria and told them things about Chris. Everything I said was out of anger due to a situation that Chris and I had. My son is an amazing father and Royalty should not and will not be taken away. The point of this meeting was for us to come to common ground. Arguing is not going to fix anything."