Chapter 3; The Next Day

Mackenzie's POV

I wake up the next morning earlier than usual. I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I turn on the water to steaming hot, and strip from my pajamas.

I step in and wash my hair with my green apple scented shampoo and conditioner. After I wash it out, I wash my body with my bath and body works soap.

By the time I get out it's 6:05. I quickly dry myself off and dry my hair. I put on skinny jeans, a blush hoodie and my all white adidas.

I straighten my hair and do a natural makeup. I look at the time and see it's 6:50. The bus gets to the stop at 7:15. I quickly brush my teeth and run downstairs.

Yet again, greeted by the sound of my parents fighting. I sighed and grabbed a protein bar and a bottle of water.

I don't bother saying goodbye. I don't think they'll hear it over their fighting.

I walk to the bus stop sort of depressed. I plug in my earbuds and blast my music. I'm greeted by the cold wind hitting my face.

When I get to the bus stop my friends are already there. I take out my earbuds prepared to hear what they have to say to me.

"What the hell Mack? You never answered us last night!" Brynn exclaimed.

"I wasn't in a talking mood," I muttered.

"But, we're you're besties," Nadia stated.

"I know, I just don't want to talk about it, it's stupid," I say as the bus pulls up.

We get on and take our seats. Today I'm sat next to John.

"It's not stupid when you don't answer, it's really affecting you Kenzie," John said. "Like I said if you need to talk, just one on one I'm here."

I smiled at him and nodded. "Thank you John."

He smiled back and started talking with everyone else. I sighed and looked out the window, resting my head on the window.

When we pull up to school, we get off the bus and head to class together. I'm low key mentally preparing for a bad day ahead.

-

I walk into lunch with John and Carson. We sit at the table with the rest of our friends. I take a seat between Carson and Nadia.

"So I was think we can go to a haunted house or something since it's almost Halloween," Nadia said.

"That sounds lit. We actually know this one place it's a haunted house and haunted hayride. It's really cool," John said.

"I'm down to go, anyone else?" Carson asked.

"We are," Lauren said, speaking for herself and John.

"Me!" Hayden and Nadia say.

"Ya same here," Jacob and Brynn added.

"Mack?" Jacob asked.

I shrugged, "I want to but, I know my mom is going to say we have something. I don't know why I bother."

"Well ask your dad, he always says yes to you," Nadia stated.

"Ya and that'll add to the fighting between them. I can hear it now," I cringe, actually picturing the fight between them in my head.