Chapter 18; You're Safe!

Maddie's POV

"Hey guys," Mackenzie muttered.

I'm shook. Like actually shook. Now all the girls are crowding the door. Staring at Mackenzie.

I grab her and pulled her inside, wrapping her in a big hug. I started tearing up, the fact I thought she was kidnapped or something.

I held her close to me. And the girls joined in on the hug. Waiting several minutes before we let go.

"Where the hell have you been?!" I ask, bringing her to the living room.

"I walked here, from Pittsburgh," Mackenzie answered.

We all look at her in disbelief. "You walked from Pittsburgh?" Brooke questioned.

Mackenzie nodded, "I needed time to think and be alone. So I walked, I stopped for sleep, and occasionally rfor food," Mackenzie explained.

"Why did you leave?" Nia asked.

"I just needed to leave. Mom and dad fighting all the time and just other stuff, I just didn't want to deal with it. I want to be with you," Mackenzie explained.

"Okay, okay. I told you to call," I say, holding her hands. Realizing her hands are as cold as ice. "Mackenzie you're freezing," I state, feeling her forehead.

She's warm.

"Are you feeling okay?" I ask.

Mackenzie shook her head no, "I think it's a head cold or something. I don't know," Mackenzie stated.

"Okay, you're going to take a shower, then we're going to talk about all of this, okay?" I say.

She nodded. I grab her hand and bring her to my room, placing her bags on my bed. I bring her over to the bathroom and grab the thermometer, so I can check her temperature. After some moments I hear the slight beeps and I check it.

101 degrees.

"Okay, go hop into the shower, get changed, we'll start your laundry when you get out and we're going to talk. Okay?"

Kenzie nods and I handed her towels and left the room.

I walked back into the living room. All the girls are still shocked.

"How the hell did she plan all of this?!" Paige whisper-yelled.

"I don't fucking know?! Look I need to call my mom, tell her we found her," I say pulling out my phone.

I dialed mom's number and waited for her to answer.

"Hello Maddie, you're on speaker your father, the other mom's and Mackenzie's friends are here," mom said.

"You're on speaker too mom, the girls are in the room," I say.

"Hello!" The girls shouted.

"So what do you need Maddie? We're going to look for your sister," dad said.

"It's about Mackenzie, we know where she is," I say.

"Where is she?!" They ask.

"She's here in New York. She's in the apartment with us. She got here a few minutes ago," Brooke admits.

"Really?" Mom asked.

"Yes, she's in the shower right now," I answered.

"Okay okay, your father and are going to drive out now," mom said.

"No mom, I think it's best if you wait. I'll bring her home when we drive back in a week and a half," I say.

"Why is that?" Mom asked.