Chapter 23; Mark

Mackenzie's POV

I walk over to the guy and smiled at him. He smiled back.

He has blonde hair and blue eyes. A freckle just above his lip. He's really cute. He's wearing black skinny jeans, red Nike high tops, a white shirt and a leather hoodie jacket.

"Hey, I'm Mackenzie," I introduced.

"I'm Mark, you can sit down," Mark smiled.

I take a seat next to him and smile again.

"I got your letter, and the drink."

"Oh, well did you like it?" Mark asked.

"Yes I did."

"So, how old are you?" Mark asked.

"I'm fourteen. What about you?"

"Seventeen," he answered. "You parents won't mind you talking to a seventeen year old?"

"Oh, they aren't my parents. The one sitting between the blonde girl, and dark curly haired boy is my sister. The rest are her friends and their boyfriends," I explain.

"Ohhh, that makes more sense," Mark said nodding. "Where are your parents?"

"Back home in Pittsburgh. My sister lives here in New York and, long story short, I ran away from home to be here."

"Why did you runaway?" Mark questioned.

"My parents are fighting a lot. I couldn't take it anymore. There's more to the story but, that's the main reason."

"Oh I'm sorry, that must suck," Mark said.

"It's alright, I mean I just needed to be away," I say.

Mark looks over and then looks at me, "it looks like your sister is calling you over."

I turn around and see Maddie waving at me. The food had came.

"Oh I'm sorry. I have to go," I sighed.

"It's fine, I'm just going to be here for a bit, if after you want to hang out?" Mark asked.

I smiled slightly, "ya, maybe."

I stand up and kiss his cheek and he smirked at me.

"I haven't even known you for an hour and I get a kiss on the cheek. I like it," Mark said.

I laughed and walked over to the table. My cheeks are definitely a bright red. I take a seat and look down, starting to eat my food.

"What happened?!" Kendall asked.

"Oh um, we just talked," I say simply.

"Lies, we saw that kiss on the cheek," Paige said.

"So what's his name?" Maddie asked.

"Mark, he's seventeen," I say. "He asked if I wanted to hang out with him after, I told him maybe."

"Get it Kenzie!" They all exclaim.

I laughed and shook my head. I continued to eat my breakfast and we talked for awhile.

"Let's go walk around," Nolan suggested.

We nodded and paid for our breakfast. We went to leave and I passed Mark. He looked up at me and we both smiled.

"Mackenzie," Maddie said, walking back over to me.

"Sorry Madz, um this is Mark," I say, introducing her.

"Nice to meet you Mark, I'm Maddie, Mackenzie's older sister," Maddie smiled.