Chapter 25; Diary Entries

Johnny's POV

I closed my laptop and sighed. I don't understand how she doesn't understand. How she doesn't get that I like her.

When I saw that picture of her with him, made me mad. But, sad, I guess I'm jealous. He gets to be with her. The most perfect girl on this planet, while I'm here.

I grumbled and laid down in my bed. I stared up at the ceiling.

"Why can't she see I love her?" I muttered.

-

I wake up the next morning and groaned. I get out of bed and put on a hoodie. I walked downstairs and joined my family for breakfast.

"Hello John," dad greets.

"Hi dad," I waved, taking a seat next to Lauren and Darian.

"So, Lauren was telling us, you talked to Mackenzie last night?" Mom said, putting a plate of food in front of me.

"Ya, we were talking," I say, sipping some orange juice.

Mom takes a seat and smiled, "how is she doing? So sad that she left," mom said.

"She's doing good, she met someone yesterday," Lauren said.

"Oh?" Maddie said.

"Ya she said they spent like the whole day together," Lauren mentioned.

"That's cool," Darian said.

"Ya, fantastic," I muttered.

"So do you know why she left?" Dad asked.

Lauren and I look at each other. Unsure whether or not to tell our family about Mackenzie's family problems.

"Um... ya," Lauren mumbled.

It's quiet for a moment. We both are hesitating to admit it.

"Well? What was it?" Darian questioned.

"Her um, parents are fighting. Really bad, and she's having a hard time with it," I admit.

Everyone looks confused.

"How bad?" Mom asked.

"They're always screaming at each other," I say.

I look at Lauren, unsure whether or not to tell them about Melissa's affair. We don't want to ruin our parents friendship because we said something we weren't supposed to.

"Anything else?" Dad asked.

We both nodded sadly.

"What is it?" Maddie asked.

"We can't say, we don't want to mess anything up," Lauren panicked.

"You won't, we won't be mad at anyone. We're just trying to figure out why she left," mom said.

I looked down, tapping my foot nervously.

"We all caught Melissa having an affair, and then right before Kenzie left, she found out her parents might divorce," I admitted.

Our family looks shocked.

"She could've stayed here," mom said.

"We offered, she denied it though," Lauren stated.

"Poor Mackenzie, that sucks," Maddie sighed.

I nodded and finished eating. Putting my plate in the sink.

I go upstairs and shower. I get out and dry myself off, then change into black skinny jeans, a t-shirt, yellow hoodie and my black and white low top Vans.