Chapter 5; Haunted House and Haunted Hayrides

Mackenzie's POV

I wake up the next morning and smiled. I can go out today! I'm actually so excited.

I get out of bed and get ready. I put on a rolling stones t-shirt, with a red and black flannel, skinny jeans and a beanie. I put on black vans, packed a small bag and went downstairs.

"Morning Mackenzie," dad said.

"Hi dad," I say hugging him.

He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head.

"I'm going to be working late, but, I hope you have a great time tonight," dad said.

"Okay thanks dad," I say.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked.

"Actually, yes please," I answer.

He nods and we both head out to his car. He drives me over to John and Lauren's house.

"Thank you dad. See you tomorrow," I say hugging him.

"Bye sweetie, have fun," dad said as I exited the car.

I waved goodbye and approached the front door. I knocked and waited for someone to answer.

"KENZIE!" Lauren exclaims opening the door, she hugs me and I hug her back.

We walk inside and into the kitchen. Everyone is here already. They smiled at me and I sit next to John and Nadia.

"How was the dinner?" Hayden asked.

"It was fine until I tripped and spilt food on my moms boss," I sighed.

Their jaws dropped. "What happened? Was he mad?" Brynn gasped.

"Well, when I texted you guys, I lied and said I was going to the bathroom. I went downstairs and I went back into the dining room and I tripped over the leg of the chair and knocked some food over onto him. He wasn't mad but my mom was," I explained.

"Yo that sucks. I'm sorry," Jacob said.

"Well, be happy you didn't get screamed at for a thing that was an accident. Then having both your parents start fighting," I sighed.

"That sucks Mack," Nadia said.

"If you want you can stay here for a few days," John suggested.

"I'll think about it," I say.

They smiled at me and we went down to the basement to hang out.

"We should watch The Nightmare Before Christmas," Hayden suggested.

"Totally, let's go," we all agreed.

John pops in the movie and jumps on the couch next to me. The opening scene for the movie shows up. We all started to quote it.

Twas a long time ago, longer now than it seems, in a place that perhaps you've seen in your dreams. For the story that you are
about to be told, took place in the holiday worlds of old. Now, you've
probably wondered where holidays come from. If you haven't, I'd say it's
time you begun.

After the opening we started to sing the song This is Halloween. It's such a great movie. Once the song ended we looked at each other and laughed.

"We're such dorks," I stated.

"You're not wrong," Lauren stated.

We laughed and watched the movie. Singing along to all of the songs and trying to recite almost every line.

Can you tell we watch this movie a lot?