Chapter 21; Boyfriends

Mackenzie's POV

I wake up the next morning by myself. I get out of bed and walk into the kitchen. Seeing a not on the counter.

We went to classes kenz. We'll be back around 4:30. Don't do anything stupid and help yourself to whatever you want love you!

Xoxo the greatest people in your life

I laughed and shrugged. I got a Yoo-hoo from the fridge and made myself a bagel for breakfast.

As I ate I went through the texts on my phone and decided I should call mom and dad. They asked but, I never did it.

I dialed mom's number and put it on speaker, waiting for her to answer.

"Oh my gosh Mackenzie! I'm so happy you called!" Mom said happily.

"Hi mom," I say weakly.

"Your fathers here too. Hold on, I'm putting you on speaker," mom said.

"Hey Kenzie! I'm so happy you're okay," dad said.

"Thank you dad."

"Do you want us to come pick you up?" Mom asked, hoping I'd say yes.

"No, I want to stay with Maddie and the girls," I say.

"Kenzie, they have they're own things to do," mom started.

"Melissa, I think we should just let her stay. I mean, Madison and the girls don't mind watching her," dad said.

I heard mom sighing, "okay you can stay. Just please behave for them," mom said.

"I will."

"Okay, well we have to go. Love you," dad said.

"Love you too, bye," I say hanging up my phone.

I sighed and cleaned up my breakfast. I decided to shower and get ready for the day, even though I'm not going anywhere.

I hop into the hot shower and wash my hair with the lavender scented shampoo. I then wash my body with the autumn themed, bath and body works scented soap.

Once I got out, I dried off and got dressed in jeans, an oversized white sweater and my fluffy socks.

I just brush and dried my hair and walked out into the living room. I looked out the large window, looking at all the buildings and the busy streets below.

To some, it's havoc, crazy, just stressful and loud. To others it's beautiful. The sound of the cars below rushing by, honking the horns. Just the sound of all the havoc is peaceful.

To me, it's beautiful. It feels, sounds, looks amazingly beautiful. It makes me smile every time I'm here.

I go sit down on the couch and turn on the tv. I put on Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

I watched it for awhile until I got hungry. I got back up again and grabbed a soda and some snacks from the pantry.

They had the best stuff ever. Cosmic brownies, zebra cakes etc. it was awesome.

I sit back down and watch the rest of the movie. Then changing the movie to White Chicks.

I look at the time and see it's 1:30. I sighed knowing I'm going to be here for another three hours by myself.

I sighed and just watch the movie, deciding to clean up a bit while I waited for them to get home.

-

I heard the door open, I turn around and see the girls with their boyfriends.

"Hey Kenzie," they waved, walking over.