Chapter 36; Punished

Maddie's POV

I wake up the next morning and Mackenzie's still fast asleep. I smiled at my sister sleeping. I sneak out of my bed and out of the room. I walk to the living room and see Brooke and Chloe are awake.

They turn to me and smile. I smiled back and sat in between the two of them.

"Morning," I greeted.

"Morning Madz," they waved.

"Everyone's still sleeping?" I question.

They nodded, "Nia is probably going be awake in a few minute. As for Kendall, Kenzie and my sister, I don't know," Brooke explained.

I nodded and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Chloe asked.

"Just thinking about the other day with Mackenzie. I mean she ran away again. I think that she needs to be punished."

"I agree"

We turn back and see Nia, she smiled and ales a seat next to us.

"I think she should be punished," Nia states.

"Same," Chloe and Brooke agreed.

"But, what though?" I question.

"I have no idea Maddie, I think you can come up with something," Brooke said.

I groaned and leaned back thinking and racking my brain for a punishment for Mackenzie. I don't want her to hate me, but, I also don't want her to get off the hook for leaving.

"What if I take away her phone for two days?" I questioned.

"Who's phone?"

We turn back and see Kendall and Paige. They smiled at us and sat down on the other couch we had.

"What's going on?" Paige asked.

"We're trying to think of a punishment for Mackenzie since she ran away," Chloe responded.

"I think take her phone away and have her do some chores," I say. "It's simple and a win for us because we don't have to clean."

They nodded and agreed with me. With everything settled we waited for Mackenzie to wake up.

After thirty minutes passed she finally woke up and came to the living room. She smiled and takes a seat next to me.

"Hey Mack, we wanna talk," Brooke begins.

"What about?" Mackenzie asked, concerned.

"About you and what you did the other day," Nia said.

"Oh," Mackenzie muttered.

The girls and I look at each other. They all give me the same look. Basically saying, it's your sister. You talk to her.

I turn to Mackenzie and weakly smiled. "What you pulled was really dangerous and really scary Mackenzie. We didn't really appreciate the fact that you ran away for a second time," I lectured. "We think that you need to be punished for what you did."

Mackenzie's face dropped. She was shocked. "Are you kidding me?!" Mackenzie whined.

"No we're not," Paige said.

"Also, be lucky we didn't tell your mother," Kendall says. The first time she's ever sounded serious in her life.

"We decided to take your phone away. You can't use any electronics for two days," I say.

Kenzie grunted and laid back on the couch. "What am I supposed to do? I'm still trying to get John to talk to me again," Mackenzie ranted.

"And he will. However for now, no phone. And you will be doing chores for two days," Brooke stated.

Mackenzie sighed and handed me her phone. I take it and give it to Brooke who goes and puts it somewhere then returns.

"So start the chores now?" Mackenzie asked.

We looked at each other then back at her. "We'll come up with a list tonight. You can do it tomorrow and Monday when we're at school," I say.

Mackenzie nodded and got up. She went back to our room and I heard the door shut.

"That went well," Kendall muttered.

I laughed and shook my head. I got up and walked over to my room. Opening the door, Mackenzie laid on the bed.

"Hey. You okay?"

I close the door and sat down next to her. She sat up and looked at me.

"I didn't think you'd be the kind of person to punish," Kenzie laughed.

I laughed with her, "well, I think I did a good job through the years."

"You were wild when we were growing up," Mackenzie laughed.

"Hey I had to, sometimes it was me against you and your friends," I stated.

"You're not wrong," she points out.

I nodded and stood up, "Come on, let's go see what they want to do."

Kenzie nods and stands up. Together we walked out to the living room and plopped down on the couch next to everyone.

"What are we going to do today?" Kenzie asked.

"We're staying in. It's cold as fuck outside," Paige said.

"So I'll be napping since I don't have anything to really do," Mackenzie sighed.

"You know it's just going to be Netflix so you can watch it with us," I say.

"We didn't say no electronics just, no phone," Brooke said.

Mackenzie smiled and we made a bunch of food and got a bunch of sodas and got comfortable on the couch. We put in several different movies and that was our day.