Chapter 29; Date Night Fight

Mackenzie's POV

Today, Maddie and the girls are going out on a date with their boyfriends. They're going to get dinner, then either go clubbing or they're probably going bowling at this really nice place in Chelsea.

Currently, I'm sat at the edge of Maddie's bed, helping her pick out an outfit for tonight. So far there's been five different outfits, there was only one that was a good possibility.

It was high waisted black skinny jeans, tight maroon crop top, black leather jacket and black stiletto heels.

"Okay Kenzie, what about this one?" Maddie asked, walking out of her closet.

I observe her outfit. It's a tight fitted maroon dress, with black pantyhose and black stiletto high heel boots.

I smiled at her and nodded.

"Jack will be drooling Maddie," I say.

She smiled and walked over to her dresser, she starts to do her makeup. I stood up and walk over.

"Let me do it," I say.

She gives me a look, then smiled. I smiled back at her and start doing her makeup for her.

"Since when did you get into makeup?" Maddie questioned.

"I've always been into it. I'm just, not as great as you are," I say. "I'm not great at much but, at least I'm decent."

Maddie grabbed my hand and stopped me. I turn and look at the concerned expression on her face.

"You are awesome at a lot of things Kenzie, don't be hard on yourself like that," Maddie insisted.

I nodded and continued with her makeup.

"We never really got to finish talking you know?" Maddie states.

"I was kind of hoping you forgot about it," I admit.

She laughs. "No I didn't. I've just been enjoying having you here," Maddie said. "So, what's going on in your head Mack? You've been different, quieter."

I shrugged, "I guess I've just been depressed about everything."

Maddie nodded and just listened to me talk on and on about everything.

"I just wish I could live with you. I like it here. I'm actually happy. I can take care of myself too, so you guys wouldn't have to worry too much about me," I explained.

I finished her makeup and sprayed her face so it's set. She looks in the mirror and smiled hugging me.

"It looks so good," Maddie smiled.

"Thanks," I muttered letting go of her.

I started to do her hair for her because I was just in that kind of mood. I started to curl her hair while she talked.

"I know you want to live here, and everything. We really like having you here but, there's more to you living here than you think. We'd be in charge of everything. We'd have a lot on our hands. We'd have to prove we're fit to watch you and so much more," Maddie explained. "I love you Mackenzie, but, I don't think I can take care of you. It's better if you stay with mom and dad, plus, it's not fair to them. They're doing everything they can and all you want to do is leave."

I sighed. And nodded. "I didn't think about that," I muttered.

"Mom and dad do a lot Mackenzie. I didn't realize it when I was your age either but, they do everything because they love us. If you ever want to spend a weekend or something here with us you can, just text me or the girls. We will drive the six hours to pick you up and the six hours back," Maddie explained. "Just don't walk."