Chapter 19; Doctors

Maddie's POV

I wake up the next morning with my arms wrapped around Mackenzie. She's still fast asleep. I decided to let her sleep, so I quietly get out of bed and walk to the kitchen, where all the girls are hanging out.

"Morning," I greeted.

"How is she?" Paige asked.

I sighed and grabbed a mug, filling it up with coffee. "She's alright, she's still asleep. Which, where's the DayQuil? I'm going to give it to her when she wakes up," I state.

Brooke leaves the room then returns a minute later with the medicine, placing it on the counter.

"Is tomorrow Thursday?" Kendall asked.

"Ya why?"

"We all have classes, Mackenzie's going to be alone. Same with Monday's," Kendall stated.

"Oh crap you're right," Chloe said.

"I mean she's fourteen, what do you want me to do? Get a babysitter?" I question.

"I don't know Madz, what if she tries to leave again?" Brooke asked.

"She won't. Her goal was to get here and now she is. I don't think she's going to leave," I say, sipping my coffee.

"Fine, but, tomorrow when you get back, get her to a doctor. And let's get her some clothes, I don't think she packed enough," Brooke said.

"I will, speaking of clothes, I forgot to throw hers in the laundry last night," I say.

Then I hear footsteps, I look over and see Mackenzie. She looks really sick. You can tell just by looking at her.

"Mack, come sit down," Chloe said, standing up and walking Kenz over to a seat.

I walk over and feel her forehead again. "You're still warm, take a DayQuil. Get ready, I'll take you to the doctors today instead," I say.

Mackenzie just nods and doesn't say anything. We handed her a cup of water and the medicine and she takes it.

"Want something to eat?" Nia asked.

Kenzie shakes her head.

"I think you should eat Kenz, you hardly ate when you were walking here," Paige said, concerned.

"I'll be fine," Mackenzie muttered.

I give her a look that always worked. And then she finally caved. We got her a bagel and watched her eat it.

"So, Monday's and Thursday's, we have classes. So there's going to be a few times when you're alone. You okay with that?"

Mackenzie nodded.

I can tell there's something more to the reason. Mom and dad fighting isn't just it. There's more to the story.

"Mackenzie, you okay? You seem depressed," Nia asked.

"I'm tired. I walked till basically midnight every night," Mackenzie stated.

"Damn Mackenzie, we're sorry. If you wanted to come here, we would've picked you up. Or at least asked your mom if you could be with us," Kendall stated.

Kenzie just nodded and looked down.

"Here, go get ready, I'll take you to the doctor. After maybe we can go out if you want," I say.

"Ya sure," Mackenzie smiled.

We walked back to my room and I grab my clothes, and some towels.

"I'll shower in Paige's bathroom," I say.