Chapter 15; No Worries?

Mackenzie's POV

My alarm goes off at 8:45. Just the time I set it to. I get up and stretch, I get out of bed and get ready for the day.

I showered again and dried and straightened my hair. I change, and decided to get some breakfast, since it's free.

I grab my key and put it in my pocket. Walking out of my room, I get to the lobby and over to the dining area.

I get my breakfast and sit down in the back corner of the room. I eat the waffle and the yogurt.

After I finished, I cleaned up and went back to my room. I collected all my things and did a search around my room, just to be sure that I have everything. Then I leave.

I walk out of the hotel, returning my key, and start walking. I can probably get farther today than I did yesterday.

But, I can't complain, I'm halfway to New York. I'm pretty fast at this, so it helps a lot. I haven't had any trouble yet but, I'm afraid it's going to happen sometime.

I started walking down the highway. I walk down the busy highway, trying not to be hit by any cars. I look down at my phone, it's still being spammed by messages. Then my phone goes off.

I look at it and see it's an Amber Alert. It's for me.

"Shit!" I say.

Now I really have to get to New York. I tried running, this is a definite moment where I need to run. So I did.

I'll admit, I did get far. The running helped me a lot. It helped me clear my mind of the negative things a lot more. I thought of a lot about positive things, like I can see Maddie and the girls. I'm away from mom and dad.

Everything is just at ease. I have no worries. It feels like it's just me and only me. Nobody else is here. It's just me running.

That's how it always feels when I run. Like nothing else and nobody else matters or exists. It's just me. Only me.

I get so deep into my thoughts and peace, around 1:30, I checked how many miles I have left. Well, let's just say I'm almost out of Pennsylvania.

Slightly smiled. But, it's getting colder. I checked the wether. It's 50°, but with the wind chill it feels like 35.

This doesn't really help me much. That plus the fact that I'm starving. It's kind of ironic, that I just said I had no worries, meanwhile I'm basically feel like dying.

I started walking more down the route. I follow the direction on my phone until my hunger gets the best of me.

I walk to Wendy's. I approached the counter and placed my order. I take a seat and wait for my name to be called.

I go through my phone, checking all the messages left. There's probably over a hundred texts, and fifty calls.

"They need to get over it," I muttered.

I heard them call my name so I got up and got my food. I sit back down and observe the people passing by.

After awhile I throw my stuff away and start walking again. I look at the time and see it's 6:30. Figured, walk for another four five hours then stop again.

At the end of today I should have about a hundred miles left, maybe less. My feet do hurt, but, I need to push through it to get to Maddie's.

I sighed and roamed the long never ending highway, for hours. I watched the different cars passing and what not.

I tried to start a game. Counting how many cars were red, how many were blue, black, etc. let's just say though, it didn't work.

I sighed and just continued walking. My phone constantly buzzing. There are times when I just want to answer it and say 'fuck off' but i don't. I just do my best to ignore it.

Now, it's dark, there's very little street lights that illuminate the street. I just decided to head to a hotel. Just the best bet for me now.

I walked until I saw an exit sign saying that there's hotels near by. I finally found a Best Western and walked inside. There was a man at the front desk. He looked like he was in his early 30's.

"Hi there darling, how can I help you today?" He asked.

"I need a room for the night," I answered. "But, I only have cash, no card. Is that going to be a problem?"

"Nope, no problem at all, just take a seat and I'll get your room ready," he smiled.

I nodded and took a seat like all the other times. I waited the several minutes it took them to get the room ready.

"Come on back," he says.

I nodded and got up. He grabbed my bags for me and took me to the room. Inside it was similar to the room I was in the previous night, but nicer.

"Thank you," I say, checking his name tag. "Patrick."

He smiled at me and put my bags down on the table.

"No problem darling. Would be okay if I asked a question?" Patrick asked.

I nodded and took a seat. So did he.

"Why at you by yourself out here? Do you need a ride somewhere?" Patrick asked.

I sighed. I feel like I can trust him. "I um, I left home to go to my sisters house. My sister doesn't know I'm coming though. She's in New York. I've been walking from Pittsburgh," I explained.

"Say no more. In the morning, I'll get you to New York," he smiled.

"You don't have to-"

"Hun, you've been walking from Pittsburgh. How long does that take? Days? I'll get you to a ferry so you can get to your sisters house," he smiled.

I smiled back, "thank you Patrick."

"No problem hun, now get some sleep," he said exiting the room.

I couldn't help but to smile. I'll get to Maddie faster.

What's up guys, so today is the solar eclipse and anyone excited? I mean I think it'll be cool.

Just don't stare at it. When you stare at the sun it senses pain so you look away. You won't sense pain therefore you will stare and you will burn out your eyes. So do not do it.

I want you to be able to read my books lol. But seriously don't do it.

I am on my way to school right now and I really want to go to sleep. I am exhausted like I don't want to do this. I've been up since 5:30 in the morning. I'm good.

Anyhow I'm going to end it in a moment so
QOTD: are you excited for the solar eclipse?
AOTD: ya kind of

So ya that's me. Song of the chapter is No Worries by Lil Wayne.

Bye loves xoxo