Chapter 6; After School Adventures

Mackenzie's POV

"Wanna do something fun after school?" I ask my friends as we sit in lunch.

"What type of fun?" Carson asked.

"Just trust me it'll be fun, I promise," I say.

"Okay, I trust you enough," Lauren says.

"Same," Brynn and Nadia agree.

I look at the boys and give them a look, "boys?"

"Sure why not," they agreed.

I smiled.

"What are you planning?" Jacob asked, eating a chip.

I look at them, my smile getting bigger. "Okay, there's this place, Maddie and her friends used to go to it all the time, they took me a few times and it's super fun. It's this large field and a small forest, but if you walk past the forest there's like this stream and a bunch of rocks. It's really cool, what do you say? Trust me enough?"

They look at each other, then back at me. "Ya we do," Brynn answered for all of them.

I grinned at them. I'm super excited now.

-

We hop off the big yellow vehicle and we were greeted by the cold Pittsburgh air, and a gush of wind. Leaves blew and scrapped against the pavement.

"Let's go," I say.

They followed me as I walked to where I told them to. As we walk, I look at our surroundings. Everything seems so blue, and bleak and drab.

But, I still walked. It was a good fifteen twenty minute walk from the bus stop. When I see the broken fence I know we are here.

"Here," I say as I lead them to the fence.

We all look up at it.

"The hole isn't big enough for us to fit through," John stated.

I nodded and started climbing the fence. It felt like a movie, I had my backpack and my old beaten up black high top converse.

Once I get to the top I look back at them. They're shocked that I climbed it. I smirked and look over.

I whip my one leg over and and place it in one of the diamond-shaped spaces. Holding on tightly I whip my other leg around and do the same. I climb about halfway then I jump off.

"Your turn," I smirked squinting my eyes, since something had gotten into them.

They nodded and they each went one by one. After several minutes we're all on the same side.

We walked a bit further down, and I showed them the field I told them about.

"This is awesome," Nadia mumbled.

I smirked and hit John.

"What was that for?" John questioned.

"Tag, your it," I smirked.

He grinned and we all throw off our bags and started running.

John got Hayden, Hayden got Brynn, Brynn got Carson, Carson got Hayden, then Hayden got Nadia, Nadia got Lauren and Lauren got John.

John chases after me but I start running fast. I know he's behind me but, he's not as fast as me.

"Damn Kenz! You run fast!" John called out, out of breath.

"Why do you think I'm first place all the time in track? And why I'm so good at basketball, softball and soccer?" I question.

"Someone's cocky aren't they?" Carson teased.

"Oh shut up, it's not like you don't do it with basketball and motocross," I countered.

He had nothing to say and I laughed.

"Mack you should sing Forest," Brynn said.

"I'm good."

"Why not you're a great singer," Nadia asked.

"I mean, John, Carson, Hayden and Jacob are too. But, I don't wanna sing," I say. "Maybe later."

They nodded.

"John, you, Carson and me, let's race," Hayden said.

"Yo I'm joining," I say standing between Carson and John.

"Okay, from here to that branch and back," Hayden said.

I nodded and got ready.

"Ready... set... GO!" Lauren exclaimed.

We were off. I ran as fast as I could. I know I was ahead of them majorly. When I get to the branch and head back they're about three quarters of the way to the branch.

In a matter of seconds I was passing Brynn and Nadia. Then they followed behind.

"Damn Kenzie. You really are fast," Carson said out of breath.

I laughed and laid in the grass my friends joining me as we stared up at the sky.

"It's so pretty," Nadia said.

"I know right," I agreed.

We laid there for what felt like hours, but was actually fifteen minutes.

"Here, let's go to that stream," i suggest.

They nodded and we grabbed our stuff and walked into the small forest. We stepped over a bunch of tree roots, jumping over trees that fell over.

By the time we hear the peaceful sound of the water flowing we all smiled.

"This is awesome Mackenzie, we definitely need to come back," Jacob said.

I nodded and picked up a rock and threw it. Making it skip in the water.

Then we all started doing it.

"If you go down a bit farther there's a waterfall and a giant lake. We can come back in the summer and swim. It's fun, there's also a rope swing," I stated.

"Were definitely coming back," Hayden said.

I smiled and we took multiple pictures and selfies.

It was a perfect day.

-

I walk into my house and hear arguing. I sighed.

So much for a perfect day.

I walk into the kitchen where the fight was, I try to ignore them, and not get in the middle of it so I can get dinner for myself.

"Mackenzie dinners on the table," mom said, stopping in the middle of the argument.

I nodded and see a plate made up for me. I smiled and grabbed it, bringing it up to my room, along with a drink and silverware.

When I walk in I place everything on my nightstand and take my shoes off, placing them back into my large closet.

I walk back and place my bag in front of my desk. I finally climb into bed and eat my dinner. To tune out the growing argument I put on Netflix.

The arguments just get dumber and dumber each time.

Okay so I'm doing a quick update because I just got on the plane to get to New York. I'll update A Cinderella Story later. Probably if I can some time during the flight. Idk I'll see.

Anyways I'm hella excited I can smell the bagels now. And I'm super excited for this week.

Song of the chapter is Forest by Twenty One Pilots.

QOTD: have you ever been on a plane?
AOTD: yes I have :)

Anyways I have to wrap this up because I am about to take off so ya.

Btw let me know something's you'd like to know about me for some facts about myself in the new chapter for A Cinderella Story.

Anyways love you guys so much. Vote comment do whatever.

Bye loves xoxo