Chapter 35; Delicious Orchards

Mackenzie's POV

I wake up the next morning with Maddie holding onto me tightly. I look over and smile at her. She was just watching me sleep.

"Mackenzie please don't do that again," Maddie begged.

"I won't, I'm sorry," I apologize.

"It's okay, I don't want to lose my baby sister. I love you so much," Maddie whispered.

"I love you too," I say.

We stood up and walked out to the kitchen, the girls were making breakfast already. I take a seat at the island next to Paige. Watching Kendall trying to make pancakes.

"Can I just have cereal? I don't want to die from food poisoning," I stated.

Kendall glared at me, "I'm an amazing cook," Kendall states.

"Or so she thinks," Nia says.

We laughed as Kendall pretended to be hurt. She continued to cook even though we were all afraid to even try her food.

When she finished and handed it to us. We looked at each other nervously and tried it. Surprisingly it wasn't that bad.

"Congrats Kendall, none of us are dying," Brooke complimented.

"Thank you! I told you I was an amazing cook!" Kendall shrieked.

We laughed and continued eating breakfast. We cleaned up our plates and put them in the dishwasher.

I take a seat at the island again and stare at Maddie and the girls as we try to figure out what to do.

"How about we go to Delicious Orchards," Brooke suggested.

Delicious Orchards is this like little shop in New Jersey. They have a lot of land and you can do pumpkin picking, hayrides and so much more. They also have some bomb cookies, doughnuts and apple cider.

"Let's do it!" We agreed.

"Wait, how are we going to get there?" I ask.

"We have cars. You didn't know that?" Paige questioned.

I shook my head no.

"Well, we can take Brooke's. It's the Range Rover she had back in Pittsburgh," Maddie stated.

I nodded and we all stood up and walked to the bedrooms. I sat on Maddie's bed and went on my phone. I started to text John again. Trying to get him to notice me.

I'm sure he does notice me. But, he's just ignoring me. I tried and tried, but, nothing. He hasn't responded.

"Mackenzie, are you going to get ready?" Maddie asked.

I looked up and see Maddie, wrapped in a towel as well as her hair.

I guess I got to wrapped in my thoughts and too distracted that Maddie was able take her shower.

I nodded and walked into the bathroom. I turned on the water and stripped from my pajamas. I walked in the shower and washed my hair and body.

I turn off the water and grabbed the towels. Wrapping my hair and body in the towels. I walked out of the bathroom and into Maddie's room.

Maddie stood there getting ready. She smiled at me and passed me ripped jeans, a red and white varsity t-shirt with white high top vans.

I smiled at her and got dressed. I threw my pajamas and towels in the hamper and dried my hair. Once I finished I straightened it and then I was finished. I decided to go natural today and not do any makeup.

"You're not going to put on makeup?" Maddie asked.

I nodded, "too much work, and too lazy to do it."

She laughed and pulled me over to her. She did it fast. I was surprised how fast she was able to apply all my makeup.

We walk out to the living room and everyone is ready. We grab jackets and get on the elevator, heading down to the garage. We walked around and eventually found the car.

We piled in and I get stuck next to Chloe and Paige. Nia sat in the passengers seat, Kendall and Maddie were in the third row.

"Hit up those directions and now we're going on an adventure," Brooke said.

We laughed and she started the car and drove off. We blasted the music, playing All Time Low, Twenty One Pilots etc.

We screamed Somewhere in Neverland at the top of our lungs.

Wendy run away with me
I know I sound crazy
Don't you see what you do to me?
I wanna be your lost boy
Your last chance, a better reality
(Yeah)

I sang along to the song while we drove Jersey and I looked out the window at the scenery. It was so beautiful.

After an hour long drive we pulled up and parked the car. We walked in and roamed around the store.

We picked up a few things, meaning a bunch of cookies, doughnuts and apple cider. There was so much food it was crazy.

We checked out and then went outside, to the hayride. We got on it and it drove around for several minutes. We got off once it stopped and went back to the car.

"Okay where to now?" Paige questioned.

We look at each other and shrugged. Guess we'll find out.

-

We just got home. It's like midnight right now. We ended up spending the day in New Jersey. We shopped and walked around, it was really nice.

When I changed and got into bed, Maddie wrapped her arm around me.

I thought about everything, I've been with Maddie for basically a month. Well after thanksgiving yes, but, she's dealt with me for this long. Then after that she's gone. I don't see her until Christmas. Granted it's a few weeks apart, but, still.

When spring break comes she's not coming home. She's going to Florida with the girls. Then summer, her and the girls are most likely going to stay here and go on vacation.

I'll be stuck home with mom and dad.

I sighed at everything. I came her for a detox of everyone and everything but, I'm only making it worse for myself.

I sighed again and closed my eyes. Hoping I could sleep tonight.

Hey guys so here's the update sorry about the lack of updates. I've just been crazy busy and I've not been myself lately so I'm just kind of out of it.

So anyways just wanted to let y'all know that my new Christmas story is out so go check it out. I'm excited for this one.

Also I'm trying to write some new stories but I'm just having a hard time, I don't know if it's because I don't like writing anymore or if it's just I don't have the time. I don't know but, I'll do the best I can to write some more. I have loads of ideas so I'm going to try to do them.

That's me. Nothing much to talk about. Have a great day.

Bye loves xoxo