Chapter 8; Panic Attacks

Mackenzie's POV

It's been two days since I found out about my mother's affair. In those two days I haven't once spoken to her, and the fighting has grown more intense.

I don't bother really talking about it because it'll just make me more depressed than what I actually am.

"Hey Mack," John greeted.

"Hi John," I muttered.

"You okay?" Lauren asked.

I shrugged and walked with my head down. "I don't want to really talk about it."

They nodded and started talking to each other. I don't put my head up until I'm sat on the bus. Even then I stare out the window.

"Mack, are you sure you don't want to talk?" John said.

"I really don't want to John," I sighed.

"It'll make you feel better," John said, grabbing my hand.

"John," I say. Actually I don't know what to say.

"When we get to school, you're not going to class you're coming with me," John informed.

I sighed and nodded. I didn't want it to get to school, sadly that came faster than I wanted it to.

We get off the bus and John grabs my hand and takes to a part of the school, where very few people go to.

We both sit down on the ground, I lean my head on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around me.

"What's going on at home?" John asked.

"The fighting is getting worse. I haven't talked to my mom in two days, I'm just tired of it," I complained.

"I'm sorry Mack," John mumbled.

"I don't know what to do, I want to say something but, I don't think I should. And, I just feel alone," I sighed.

"You're not though, you have me and the guys and the girls, you have your sister and her friends. People are here for you," John explained. "We got your back Mackenzie, I'm always here for you if you need to talk. So is everyone else."

I look at him and he looks at me. We're both quiet, there's a tension between us. Then we slowly leaned in. We kissed.

It was a long kiss, he held the back of my head and I held his. We moved apart, still looking into each other's eyes.

"I'm sorry," I muttered.

"No, don't be," John said.

"I don't want to mess this up," I say. "I'm sorry John. I'm sorry," I panic standing up.

He stands up to and pulls me back. He pins me against the wall and we kissed again. More intense than before.

"Mackenzie, you're not messing anything up. I'm just trying to make you feel better," John whispered.

"You are John. You do that everyday," I mumbled.

He smiled at me and held my hand.

"John... please don't stop being my friend. Don't leave me," I mumbled.

"I would never do that," John said.

I smiled and rested my head in his chest.

"Let's get to class," John said.

I sighed sadly and nodded. We walked together to class.

-

I didn't really pay attention in class. By the time school is out I couldn't be happier. When I was seated on the bus John sits next to me again, like this morning.