Chapter 38; Packing

Mackenzie's POV

The girls looked at me shocked. The all sit down and stare at me.

"How did you come to this conclusion and what took you so long?" Kendall asked.

I laughed and wiped my eyes. "I was watching Friends and Monica and Chandler made me think of John and I. Then I started to think about different things with Johnny," I explained. "He's always there for me and did so much for me."

"Like help you with your speech impediment, reading and writing," Maddie stated.

I nodded, "when I got stuck in the tree he got me down," I added.

"He fought that bully for you," Paige stated.

"I remember you coming home and crying because of that kid," Maddie stated.

"We were about to fight him ourselves," Brooke said.

I laughed and nodded. "When John fought him, then came over the house. We read a story together. He helped me read it and when we finished he looked at me and said You're not stupid Mackenzie. Don't let anyone tell you that, and I remember being so determined to read and write," I explained.

"You worked your ass off and you got there. Remember when we got the results and found out you didn't need to be held back? John bought you that bracelet," Maddie said.

I nodded and looked down at the small bracelet Johnny bought me in third grade. My mom paid him every time he helped me with my problems. He saved up all the money and bought us matching bracelets.

"I messed up," I sighed.

"John still loves you. There's no doubt about that. Nobody can move on that fast," Paige said.

I nodded and looked down. "I'm so freaking stupid."

"Just think though, you can talk to him Wednesday. Apparently mom is having all the families over for dinner. You can talk to him then," Maddie said.

I nodded and smiled.

"He means a lot to you huh?" Nia said wrapping her arm around me.

I nodded again. "He's done literally everything for me. He helped me with everything, he actually fought for me. He did so much," I explain.

"If it wasn't for him you'd probably still have a hard time with reading and writing," Maddie stated.

"Why was that so hard when you were younger? I never understood," Kendall asked.

"Mackenzie was born almost two months early and so when you're born pretty early a lot of kids have development problems with talking, reading, writing and what not," Maddie explained.

Kendall nodded finally understanding.

"I always felt like an idiot when I was younger. I hated it so much. It sucked too because of the bullying," I admit.

Remembering all the times I'd either be with my friends or Maddie and her friends, and I didn't talk much. When I did I was slow. I couldn't figure out the right words or talk correctly. I was usually too embarrassed to talk. So I didn't.

Maddie wraps her arm around me and holds me. "Hey, that was then. Now you're so freaking smart. That's because of Johnny and your friends," Maddie smiled.

"Ya but, still I was bullied until like seventh grade because I was an idiot who couldn't talk."

"You weren't an idiot, plus, you know that we scared the crap out of all the kids that bullied you," Brooke said.

I nodded and laughed, I leaned my head on Maddie's shoulder.

"I always felt so bad. You never talked," Maddie said.

"I was too embarrassed to," I muttered.

Maddie sighed and held me tighter. "One thing to learn, never be afraid or embarrassed to be yourself," Maddie smiled.

I smiled back at her.

I'm happy I have Maddie and everyone. Now I just have to figure out how to talk to Johnny.

-

I sat in Maddie's room and helped her pack her bag. We didn't need to do pack much for her. Maddie still had clothes at home.

"If you want, you can still sleep in my bed with me when we get home," Maddie stated.

I shrugged and handed her a shirt that she was going to pack.

She looks up at me and sighs. She sits next to me and hugs me. Rubbing my arm.

"Maddie, I don't want to lose John. He's my best friend. He's the reason I didn't get held back and everything. He's the reason the bullying stopped," I say. "You don't understand what it's like to be tormented. And the one person that's been there for you hates you."

"I may not know what you went through in school, but I do know what it was like to watch you suffer. Everyday seeing you come home crying was heartbreaking for me. I hated seeing you so upset and I couldn't help you. I did everything I could to make sure you could read and write. Make sure you can pronounce the words you couldn't say. I know if it wasn't for mostly Johnny's help, you wouldn't be where you're at today. I'm sorry he's mad at you, but, I know tomorrow, when you see him, you'll make up with him," Maddie smiled reassuringly.

I smiled back and hugged her.

"Thank you for everything," I say. "For all the crap you dealt with and for letting me stay here."

"You're welcome. I'm always here for you, you know that," Maddie states.

I nodded and smiled. We continued to pack our bags and eventually we finished. Tomorrow we go home and I'm going to get my best friend back.

Here's the update you're welcome.

I'd like to address some threats because it happens every now and then and honestly I am so over it now. Like I have fucking life outside of this app.

Like first of all tomorrow is Christmas and I have family over. Not only that but, I'm getting dinner ready for tomorrow bc unlike most people, my family dinner takes two three days to make.

Second of all I'm a junior in high school taking AP and honors classes. So if you couldn't guess, I have lots of homework I have to do. I have lots of studying to do.

I have a life outside of here and lately I've been thinking about getting rid of wattpad all together. Now it seems like a good idea bc I'm tired of this now.

Anyways that's it. I'm too tired to rant.

Bye loves xoxo