Chapter 10; Halloween

Mackenzie's POV

Today is my plan. Both my parents work tonight, around the time I should be going to John and Lauren's house.

I can't help but to smile, I'm actually ecstatic about this. I can finally be free of everything.

I got up out of bed and headed downstairs. It's only my mother right now. My dad is at work. He'll come home for an hour later then go back to work.

"Hello Mackenzie," mom greets, handing me some breakfast.

"Hi mom," I say.

This is the first time I've talked to her since the other day with her affair.

"I'm working tonight, as usual, what are you planning on doing?" Mom asked standing across the counter from me.

"I'm going to John and Lauren's house," I lied.

"Okay, well have fun okay?" Mom said.

"Okay mom," I say.

She smiled at me and walks around the island. Taking a seat on the stool next to me. She placed her hand on my thigh.

"I'm really sorry you had to see that the other day Mackenzie. That's the last thing I'd ever want you to know about, I'm sorry you had to see it," mom apologized.

"It's okay mom," I mumbled.

"Mackenzie, I think it's best if talk about this now. Your father and I, we've been busy, and we don't see each other that often, so we haven't had time to be us," mom explained. "And, by the way things are looking, your father and I are thinking about getting a divorce. We haven't completely talked about it yet, because the one thing we can agree on is, we want our marriage to work out for you. So you don't have to grow up in a broken home."

"Mom, I'd rather have a broken home than parents who constantly fight."

She nods and pats my thigh. "If it doesn't get better by the new year I'll get the divorce papers," she said.

I nodded and stared down at the bowl.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I'll try everything to make this work, I promise," mom said kissing my head. "I have to get to work. I'm sorry, when I'm off one day we can talk some more. Love you."

"Love you too," I called after her.

I heard the door close and I smirked. I pulled my phone out and went into the group chat I had with my friends.

Hey guys I'm not feeling too good today😢 I can't come

I hit send and moments later my phone is flooded with texts from them.

iMessage received a minute ago
Choppy🍜: awwwww I'm sorry Mack feel better

iMessage received a minute ago
Johnny boi: hope you get better fam

iMessage received a minute ago
Nadz💜🌹: feel better Mack text us if you need anything.

iMessage received now
Jake🙈: want us to bring you anything?

iMessage received now
Brynny💜🌹🙈: we can come over if you want. We can take care of you.

iMessage received now
Hay hay🤣: love you Mack but I'm not getting sick 😷 sorry fam

iMessage received now
Cars🏍🎤: Hayden don't be a dick. And Mack we can come over now if you want. We can take care of you.

iMessage sent now
Mack💜🌹🔥: it's fine guys. I think it's contagious. I don't want to get you sick. Have fun tonight love ya xoxo 😘

I put my phone in my hoodie and smiled. That's taken care of.

I clean up my breakfast and head upstairs to my room. I hope into the shower and get ready for the day.

Once I finished, I packed my makeup, hairbrush, some hair ties and straightener.

I smiled yet again. I'm excited that I can leave. This is going to be great.

-

It's 5:35, dad just got home. He'll be home for an hour then leave again.

I decided to spend time with him before I left. So I headed downstairs and sat at the island with him.

"Hey monkey, how are you?" Dad asked hugging me.

I laughed at the fact he used my old nickname he gave me when I was little.

"I'm good dad, just figured I spend time with you before you leave," I say.

He smiled at me. "That's sweet of you Kenzie, thank you."

He then grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. I laughed and he brought me to the living room, where he threw me onto the couch and started to tickle me.

After several minutes he stops and smiled.

"That never failed to put a smile on your face when you were little," he said, sitting next to me.

I leaned on his side while he wrapped an arm around me.

"I'm guessing your mother told you about everything?" He asked.

I nodded, "do you want a divorce dad?"

"I don't, but, when you go into a marriage you don't think you're going to be divorced. You just see someone you love. I still love your mother, I'm sure she still loves me but, lately thing just aren't good for us," dad explained. "I just don't want you remembering us as always fighting and arguing."

"I won't dad."

"I feel that, your sister and you were younger, things would be a bit different. We'd do a lot more to fix it than what we're doing now," dad sighed.

"Of you get divorced can I live with you?"

"Well, that's up for the court to decide, but, I don't think they'll have a problem with it," dad said.

I smiled at him and hugged him.

"So what are you doing tonight?" Dad asked.

"Going to John and Lauren's," I answered.

"Have fun sweetie," he smiled.

Eventually he left and I grabbed all my stuff. I packed the backpack with snacks and drinks.

I went through the window since I wasn't going to use my house keys. I climb out and close it.

Making sure the coast is clear, I start to run and not look back.

Ayo here is the update and guys, Mackenzie has now started her journey, are you excited because I am excited.

Song of the chapter is Miss Jackson by Panic! At The Disco.

Sometimes I like how the songs I choose just work out well with the chapter. It makes me happy.

Anyways guys, I have some stories in my drafts right now. I'm slowly working on each of them one by one. I literally cannot wait for you to read them because guys, I am actually working so hard for these to be good.

Let me know if you're excited for them or not. Later on I'll have you guys choose which story you want to read and ya. Currently I have a few that are going to be hard for me to write but hey, I like a challenge sometimes so I am definitely looking forward to it.

Anyways that's it for now. I do not have a question of the day because my brain is thinking of things for the stories and ya it's just in a million places at once and I literally can't help it so I'm just going to leave this here.

I hope you liked the chapter vote and comment lmk what you thought.

Have an amazing day.

Bye loves xoxo