Chapter 14; I Wish

Johnny's POV

It's been three days now, we don't know where Mackenzie is. We thought she'd be back by now, but she hasn't.

Melissa and Kurt, finally put out a missing persons report. With that an Amber Alert went out and Mackenzie's photo was out all around. My friends and I haven't really been paying attention in class or anything. We just keep thinking about Mackenzie.

"Want to try looking for her again?" Hayden asked.

"Ya, want to go now?" I question.

"We're in school John, we can't just leave," Lauren stated.

We're in lunch right now, it's not the same.

"So? Let's just go look for her. I'm pretty sure everyone will understand," I defended.

"Fine, let's go," Brynn said.

I smiled and we all got our stuff, and walked out of school. We started walking around the neighborhood, trying to think of the places she could and would be.

"Do you want to check that forest?" Nadia questioned.

"Sure, let's go," Jacob said.

We nodded and started walking to the place Mackenzie had taken us to.

"Guys," I say, looking over at my friends. "What if Mackenzie doesn't come back? Like, if she got kidnapped or something?"

"I don't know John," Carson mumbled.

"What if she gets killed?" Nadia stated.

"Guys, I think we're over thinking this. Yes Mackenzie's gone, yes we don't know where the hell she is, but, it's been three days," Lauren explained. "We can start to think about that when she's been missing for like three months."

We then to her and nodded. "She's right, let's not worry unless it becomes longer than a month," Carson said.

We nodded and finally get to the fence. Each of us climbed it and walked together towards the wooded area.

We look around and call Mackenzie's name multiple times, there was never an answer. We got to the stream, and we all sat down on rocks.

"Why did she leave?" Hayden asked.

We all shrug and just sit in silence. Listening to the sound of the flowing water. It's peaceful, I could stay here all day if I wanted to.

"Do you think, the other day, when she asked us if we ever wanted to run, she was hinting that she wanted to?" I ask.

Then it all hit us. That's why she was asking us why we wanted to run.

"We need to go tell her parents," Carson said.

We nodded and got up. We started running. We ran as fast as we could, when we got to the fence, it didn't even feel like we climbed it. More like teleported to the other side.

We started running down to Mackenzie's house. We ran up the hill and made the left, then a right. Another left and up another hill again.

We got to our bus stop, then made the left. We ran down the street and to Mackenzie's house. As we ran up the driveway, we see both her parents were home.

"They're home, let's go!" Hayden said.

We ran to the front door of the large house and rang the doorbell. All of us out of breath from the run.

After a couple moments the door opens, behind it is Melissa. She smiled at us, you can tell she's really upset.

"Hi kids," Melissa greeted. "Come inside."

She lets us in, and takes us to the kitchen. We take a seat and she comes back with some water bottles.

"How can we help you kids?" Kurt asked.

They both sat across from all of us. We nervously looked at each other.

"It's about Mackenzie," I started.

"Before she left, she asked us if we ever wanted to run, and we talked about it and we asked her why she asked. We didn't think much of it," Lauren explained.

"We think she was probably planning it," Brynn admits.

"We're sorry we didn't tell you sooner," Jacob apologized.

"It's okay kids. You didn't know, it's alright," Melissa said.

"We haven't heard from her," Nadia sighed.

"Neither have we, I told Maddie and her friends. They said they'll let us know if they hear from her," Melissa stated.

"You kids want to help us? We're trying to go through her stuff, to see if she left a letter," Kurt explained.

"We'll help," Carson agreed.

They nodded and took us up to Mackenzie's room, "we haven't been able to check, it's been kind of hard," Kurt explained.

We nodded and walked in. Looking around her room. We search through her drawers, books and everything. We didn't find a letter.

We looked at one picture she had of us. We were in seventh grade. It was New Year's Eve, we had spent it together, we had sparklers in our hands.

We look at each other and smiled. Each of us have the picture. There's a bunch of pictures of each of us in her room. It's nice.

Eventually we all left. We told them that there was nothing, and we went home. When I got home with Lauren, she stayed downstairs while I went up to my room.

I sat on my bed and went in my nightstand, I looked through it and found the pictures I was thinking about.

I pulled it out and couldn't help but to smile. One is Mackenzie and I in first grade. And the other is all of us at her birthday party in fourth grade.

It was a great memory. I had our squad bracelet on. It was just a simple rope bracelet.

Mackenzie's simple, but she's perfect. I wish she was here. I wish she didn't leave. I wish, she got the hint.

Hey guys, here is the new chapter. In Johnny's POV. Exciting?

Anyways if you know what the hint is, which it's probably pretty obvious, he loves her, don't you feel bad for John.

I think it was nice of John and them to help.

Song of the chapter
I Wish by One Direction

Go check out my new story. Well not really a story. It's just my book of rants. So go check it.

Anyways that's me.

QOTD: recent song you've listened to?
AOTD: Be My Escape by Reliant K

Hope you liked the chapter.

By loves xoxo