Chapter 28; Cake

Mackenzie's POV

Maddie and the girls got home at five. I wasn't planning on telling them Mark came over. They would honestly flip shit if they found out. Luckily though, they did notice that I cleaned up.

"Thanks for cleaning up," Maddie said, hugging me from behind.

"No problem," I say.

I noticed they had grocery bags and they set them down on the counter in the kitchen. I walked over and sat on the stool, with a confused face.

"We thought it'd be fun if we made dinner together. Maybe bake a cake," Chloe said.

I smiled and nodded. "Sounds fun."

"What are we making?" I ask.

"Pizza," Paige smiled.

I smiled back. I can't get tired of pizza so I don't mind eating it again.

We unload the groceries. And get everything prepared.

We put some flour on the counter and rolled out the dough. We tried to be true Italians and be fancy with it. However, it failed miserably.

We put the dough on a pan then started to top it with sauce, cheese and whatever else we wanted on it. Paige popped the pizza in the oven and we stood there for a moment.

I stick my hand in the pile of flour on the counter and rub it on Kendall's face. She gasped and then does the same.

"It's on baby Ziegler," Kendall said.

We started flicking flour at each other and laughed. The other girls joined in, throwing flour at each other's faces. After a good several minutes of our flour war, we ended it with a group hug.

Flour was everywhere, and on everyone. We looked like we were either albino or we had really bad dandruff.

As for the kitchen itself, I don't think you could tell the difference between this and a two days after a blizzard.

"Okay, so pizza is in the oven. Want to start baking the cake?" Brooke questioned.

We nodded and got out bowls, measuring cups, measuring spoons, mixers, eggs etc.

We get everything set up and start baking. We mix the flour and baking soda together. Adding in eggs, water and oil.

"So Mackenzie what'd you do today?" Nia asked, trying to start a conversation in the middle of the chaos going on.

"Nothing really, just straightened up, watched Netflix," I say.

"You did something else," Kendall stated.

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did. I can tell," Kendall countered.

We all give her a look. It's Kendall. She's always saying weird ass things.

"Ya how do you know that?" Paige questioned, beating me to it.

Kendall walks over to me and holds my face in her hands. Looking deep into my eyes. Making me very uncomfortable.

"There's a boy," Kendall stated. "You had a boy over."

I gave her a look. How the fuck did she figure that out? I pondered.

"Where do you get that from K?" Maddie asked.

"You can tell by the look in someone's eyes. Whether there's someone in their life, something major in a relationship happened, first kiss, first time. Which, I'm hoping it's not the first time that happened but, you had a boy over," Kendall explained.