19.| blush

yuri followed victor inside, and his eyes widened.

"wow," he murmured, gazing around like a child in a sweet shop. victor laughed, leaning against the wall with his arms folded over his chest.

"you like this place?"

"i'm standing in victor nikiforov's house," yuri said breathlessly, turning around slowly whilst his chocolate eyes darted about the room.

victor was surprised at the blush that spread out on both his cheeks.

"ah well. one of victor nikiforov's houses, anyway."

yuri didn't respond, and this gave victor time to kick himself mentally for priding himself on money he had no use of and hated to have.

he wanted to say something - to yuri - but couldn't put his finger on what it was, to be exact. his lips quivered, changing shape as different ideas came and went, but he kept his oceanic eyes on the dark haired boy in the black coat, running his fingers over the window sill as his eyes turned in circles about the room victor hated to be alone in.

because it was so bare.

but now here he was, with another heart beating in the empty room he'd slept in so many times, yet hated to pay any attention to. it was like listening to music whilst doing something else; after a while, his surroundings blended into nothingness.

just empty white space with a wide screen tv slap bang in the middle of one of the four walls.

"i'm something of a fan, if you want to know," yuri says, stuffing both hands into his coat pockets and looking up at victor with a blush on his cheeks.

"really?" he replies, trying to stop the smile that's trying to force its way onto his chapped lips.

"oh please. you're thirsty for praise, aren't you?" yuri laughs, brushing a strand of dark hair behind his ear.

that stings victor; it gets under his skin. yuri blushes a little deeper, and fiddled with the hem of his t-shirt.

"you know," he starts off awkwardly, "i sort of used to crush on you. don't laugh at me."

but the mocking laugh victor is giving is fake. he can feel heat in the back of his neck, and he hates it.

"how cute," he smirks, and yuri hits him lightly on the arm.

"oh my god," he laughs, as makkachin paws out from behind victor and starts snuffling at yuri's doctor martens. "this is the cutest dog i've ever seen. in my life. ever."

he crouched down to fluff up makka's fur, using a "baby voice" to tell makkachin that she is "the fluffiest dog in the world," and all the while, victor leans against the bare hallway wall and watches the dark haired boy.

almost stunned.

"so," yuri says uneasily, finally letting makkachin go, although she hangs around him and sniffs at the cuffs of his jeans, "do you...um...have my money? i mean, kind of what i came here for, right?"

he runs a hand through his hair, and looks down to his his chocolate eyes.

"i don't want to waste anymore of your time."

victor hesitated in reply, a lump in the back of his throat.

"you aren't," he manages to force out, and both he and yuri look further into the wooden floorboards of victor's hallway.