21.| soft

victor laughed as he leant back against the coolness of his double-doorframe refrigerator and yuri stirred around the contents of the pot on the stove. his brow was creased in concentration, and his tongue just poked out of the corner of his mouth as he adjusted the heat.

he looks so cute when he's focused.
his hair is in his eyes.

two strands of dark, dark hair were getting in the way of his cocoa eyes, and yuri, whose both hands were full, was struggling to shake it out of his sight.

"here," victor said with a soft chuckle at the smaller boy's growing annoyance, and stroked the hair back behind his ear.

"thanks," yuri mumbled with a quick smile, his eyes averted. at the touch of his skin, warmed by the heat of the kitchen and so soft, victor felt his cheeks stain red, although he was sure that it was due to the heat of the stove.

"i feel unworthy to be in your presence, katsudon," victor joked with one eyebrow raised, impressed at the display of the meal yuri had placed before him in a wide blue bowl; much too expensive, of course, and yet victor had forgotten that he owned that bowl.

"my mother's recipe," yuri announced a little self-consciously as he brought his own bowl over from the counter and sat down opposite victor. "it probably won't be as good as hers, but still. at least i tried."

"i'm sure it's better than whatever i count as cooking," victor sighed and rolled his eyes, before picking up his fork.

"it might not be the same for me without chopsticks," yuri pouted, and victor chuckled.

"never mastered how to use them, yuri. i still have to use the kids' ones at wagamama."

"you disgust me," yuri laughed, exposing two dimples on either cheeks that made victor look down into his bowl to avoid blushing scarlet, and he picked up his fork and scooped up a bite.

"so what is this i'm about to eat, yuri?"

"katsudon, victor."

"is that a sex joke? really?"

"no!" yuri exclaimed like a little child, slapping victor's arm. "shut up and eat your food."

victor laughed, and took a bite of his meal.

"wow, amazing!" victor exclaimed, blue eyes wide. "vkusno!"

"you like it?" yuri said, trying to hide his smile as he worked on his own meal. victor nodded hurriedly as he wolfed down his food.

"savour it," yuri giggled, although he had already reached the end of his bowl. "pork cutlet bowls. my favourite."

victor hummed in agreement, blown away by the field day his tastebuds were having.

"i can see why," he mumbled through a mouthful of food.

"attractive," yuri teased, taking his bowl over to the sink and coming back for victor's. "my mother would always give it to me whenever i was down."

"my mother didn't give a shit," victor said, taking a gulp of water and setting down his glass. "just told me to get back to practice."

yuri looked at him with sad brown eyes, but victor just laughed it off.

"eh, don't give me pity, yuri. she was great, really. really, she was."

a small pause had settled over the kitchen, between the two people sat at the white table.