100.| sunsetz pt. i

SUNSETZ
CIGARETTES AFTER SEX

ok but why does "toxic" by britney spears fit really well with this story?

yuri was lying on akio's couch, head pounding, eyes aching, throat dry, body slow, squinting in the dying light. he didn't know how long he'd been there, and the memory of a boy in denim jeans in his and luca's bedroom, chris giacometti's voice down the phone line and akio tanaka tying a blue tie around his forearm.

yuri lay still, closing his eyes again, and wishing, wishing he was still so, so far away from it all.

this isn't real.
this isn't real.
this isn't real.

he tried to pretend he couldn't hear akio whistling in the other room, nor see his jacket over the end of the couch he had been out on. from the softening of the sky's hue, yuri's bleary eyes could make out that it must have been close to sunset.

victor🌅; i want to take you to the beach someday

victor🌅; to watch the sunset

he could hear his phone ringing, though it's sound seemed to grow, at first muffled as if yuri were underwater. he reached for it, and it took his eyes moments to adjust to what he could see on the screen.

contact "victor☀️" is calling...

yuri took a deep breath, rubbing over his face to try and shake the effects of losing the heroin in his blood, before he sniffed and answered to call.

"yuri? yuri?"

he was taken aback by how panicked - how desperate - victor sounded, and stammered to respond.

"v-victor?"

he could still hear akio whistling from the room to his right, and got up at shaking legs - the room spinning - to shut the door so that he could talk to victor alone.

"fuck, yuri, where've you been? god, i've been calling you over and over...look, i don't know what chris said to you - "

"victor's sort of...busy, now..."

" - but listen, yuri, i know...i know that thing happened between chris and i at that last party...what i...did with him last night...it was just meaningless sex, yuri, i swear it..."

victor🌅; i want to take you to the beach someday

victor🌅; to watch the sunset

victor🌅; and see that light catch your face

victor🌅; the breeze brush your hair against your face

victor🌅; i'm lying here thinking about it

victor🌅; right now

"victor..." yuri started off, the room tilting, akio still whistling, the smell of coffee and shower gel on his neck.

he didn't want to be there. he wanted to be anywhere - anywhere - else but on akio tanaka's couch. he rubbed both hands over his face again, as if to wipe it all away like water drops.