46.| overdose pt.iii

victor pressed at the metal buttons of the elevator as if it would make it move faster, and chris tried dialling jj's number again.

"i don't know which fucking room is his," he cursed, as he went straight to voicemail once again. phichit kept on messing with his hair like a frightened child.

"is yuri going to be ok?" he asked victor timidly. "i knew that there was something wrong...but you haven't told me what...is he hurt?"

victor punched the metal strip where the lines of buttons connected to the wall so hard that his knuckles started to bleed, and chris caught at his hands.

"hey, hey," he said soothingly, but his breathing was fast with panic. "we could have got this all wrong, you hear me? yuri could be alright. victor, he's alright, you hear me?"

victor nodded - to erase the images of his angel lying on a bed with a ruby red dot staining staining the soft skin of his arm and poison in his bloodstream.

"a fucking whore? because that's all you are, yuri. a fucking whore. using your body for sex, huh? do you even know what love is, yuri? jesus, yuri, you sell yourself for money. its fucking disgusting."

victor's breath caught in his throat, and for a moment, he wondered if he would fall to his knees on the marble tiles of the elevator and sob. but at the sight of a familiar face framed with dark hair walking towards the closing silver doors of the elevator snapped him out of it.

"fuck," he cried out, and hit at the button to open the doors again, and when they did to reveal the cream walls of the hotel's hall, he grabbed jj leroy by the collar and pinned him against the array of buttons, as the elevator started to go up.

"what the fuck vi - " jj started off.

"where is he?" victor demanded, and the look in his blue eyes and the sound of his voice scared chris. phichit shrank away from him too, towards the corner of the lift.

"what do you - "

"what the fuck have you given him, huh? you started giving him heroin, jj?"

phitchit drew in his breath sharply, and shocked tears sprung into his caramel eyes.

"what floor, jj?" chris said, trying to sound calm.

"victor, he - "

"what fucking floor?" victor bellowed at him.

"th-three. look, what are you - "

"you've been giving him heroin, haven't you? answer me," victor shouted in jj's face, before chris pulled him away at the sight of victor's clenched fist. the doors opened, and victor threw jj back against the wall and snatched the key from his hand, before he started down the hall with chris and phitchit close behind. he could hear phichit mumbling to himself, sucking at his thumb, and could see jj straightening the collar of his white shirt.

"victor, what the fuck are you - "

"which room?"

"why are you - "

"which fucking room?"

"1267. what do you mean, giving him heroin, i  - "

jj's confused voice was cut off my victor throwing open the hotel room door, and victor cursing loudly in a tearful voice and kicking the dresser at the sight of yuri katsuki lying motionless on the made bed in jeans ripped at the knees, eyes closed, thin plastic needle and black lighter nearby.