28.| angel

victor rubbed his eyes, and the crushing blow of the come-down send him falling from the sky down the earth with a crash.

he yawned and stretched, his mouth dry and tasteless. the sunlight blaring in from the glass wall of seung-gil's apartment with an astounding view of the city made his eyes scream in complaint, and he managed to push himself up from the couch.

"you're finally up," chris chuckled. "what was up with you last night, vic?"

"what do you mean?" victor sighed heavily, finding himself in a brightly lit kitchen decorated with used. wine glasses and the odd curled fiver. he bent down and drank down cold water from the tap, and splashed some on his face to wake himself up.

"well," chris went on, messing around with his dark blonde hair as he leant against the kitchen counter. "you just sort of sat there. i mean, yeah, you took some stuff, but all those girls who were flirting with you, you just sort of ignored."

victor wiped the water off his face, and shrugged.

"wasn't in the mood," he lied, when he knew exactly why no other girl or boy had interested him the night before.

you still think that you love him, don't you?

victor thought of his angel with the dark, dark hair and scent of bubblegum, and had to hide a smirk from chris, but chris wasn't all that gullible.

"my god," chris laughed, "had the famous victor nikiforov fallen in love? tell me who, vic. c'mon, don't leave me hanging here - "

"no one," victor cut in, pushing back his silver hair so that the water flattened it down. "so shut up, chris. jeez, i let you drag me to this party at such short notice, and now you're making fun of me. i wasn't in the mood last night, chris, ok?"

"wow," chris chuckled, shaking his head. "i've never seen you like this, vic."

"like what?" victor demanded.

"embarrassed," chris teased, playfully punching victor on the arm. victor swatted him away.

"get off, chris," he grumbled. "i hit up more than twice last night and it's fucking got to me, alright? i don't have time to for this bullshit."

"oh my god," chris gasped, slamming both hands down on the counter so loud it woke up one of the girls who had been sleeping on one of seung-girl's white couches. "it's yuri, isn't it? yuri katsuki."

victor tried to to stumble over his words.

"and why the fuck would you presume that, chris?"

"well," chris went on, "you were acting all secretive after you slept with him at georgi's...and you've been different since you met him...you asked me all about him and - "

"goodbye, chris," victor said, grabbing his coat from the arm of the couch that jj was lying motionless on.

"victor, i'm joking, why are you so touchy? victor? victor, what is it?"

victor's blue eyes were focused on the small red dot on jj's bare forearm.

"heroin?" victor said in disbelief, spinning around to face chris. "did you know about this?"

chris looked down, silent.

"some guy had it last night, and jj wanted to try it. he was...you know...stressed out about barcelona and...i only found him afterwards...victor where are you going?"

"i have to go," victor sighed, shaking his head. "hard drugs? really? don't pull any of that shit on friday, christophe."

chris nodded, before his eyes shone cheekily.

"is yuri going to be there?"

but victor had slammed seung-girl's door shut behind him and was already heading towards the elevator.

the buttons lit up like stars in the marble, and victor found himself thinking of yuri's shining, chocolate eyes filled with tears as he looked up at victor.

the only hands he wanted to feel on him were those of yuri katsuki, and not some party-goer excited by the idea of sleeping with a man who had been on live television since the age of twelve with white powder or pills kicking about in their bloodstream.

as soon as victor stepped out into the blinding light of day and had rubbed his tired, aching eyes enough, he pulled out his phone to text yuri.

sugar🍭: because he's going to hurt me, victor

victor froze as his bloodshot blue eyes skimmed through the key night texts yuri had sent, whilst he had shot up with jj's credit card in hand.

victor🥂: yuri what

victor🥂: yuri who is going to hurt you

victor🥂: yuri answer me

victor🥂: yuri you're scaring me

victor🥂: yuri answer me

victor🥂: are you hurt, yuri?

victor🥂: yuri please

and before victor knew what he was doing, in a panic on the side of the road by one of japan's glistening highrise buildings, he was calling his angel.