49.| boss

"move."

"but - "

"come on, yuri, get your shit together. jesus christ, heroin? what the fuck where you playing at?"

victor stood back behind the door, peering through the glass and hearing every fucking word that this man threw at yuri. and it made him angry; so angry that he physically couldn't move from behind the doors. he stood there as if stuck with glue.

"wait," victor heard yuri say, looking weak and tired and trying to stop this man from urging him to get dressed. "i-i don't think i can...go...yet..."

"what's the matter with you?" the man snapped, when yuri's voice started to falter. "and hey," he grabbed yuri's face by the jaw and turned his face towards him roughly, making victor seethe from behind the glass. he still couldn't move.

"and hey, we're going, yuri, alright? i don't give a fuck if the doctors say you aren't ready i mean look at you, you just need to sleep. so get moving, baby, let's go."

victor jumped at the sound of this man, who was talking to yuri in such a way calling him "baby."

"you're going to be alright, baby, you hear me?"

"i'm tired," yuri tried to say in a loud voice, and the man pushed him away roughly so that yuri cried out.

"you tired, huh? wake up," the man said loudly, and slapped yuri's face hard.

and victor snapped.

"hey," he shouted, furious, confusion of who this man in the suit was making him ever the more angry as he strode into the room. yuri blinked at him from the bed, shocked, and yet victor could have kidded himself that he saw the traces of a smile on his soft lips.

the anger victor felt as the sound of this man hurting his angel resonated in his ears was overwhelming; he dug his nails into his palms to calm himself down, but it didn't seem to be doing much.

"what do you think you're doing?" victor demanded, and felt his fingers itch again at the sight of red marks on yuri's jaw from this man's grip. "and who the fuck are you to touch him?"

"what you going to do, kid? call security?"

"maybe i fucking will."

"oh, oh, i'm so scared. now what the fuck do you want?" the man in the expensive suit - a suit by hugo boss, victor could now tell - replied in a steely, menacing voice which took victor by surprise. "come on, yuri, fucking move, would you?"

yuri winced.

this man tossed yuri his clothes from the chair by his bed, and toms him to get ready. and whilst victor tried find the words he wanted to say - to help ease the anger he felt - yuri only messed around with the waistband of his jeans, and victor could see how tired he looked, big brown eyes worried yet almost half-closed.

yuri could barely speak without getting tired, because the effects of the heroin were still wearing off.

"he's not going anywhere, he needs to rest. you can't discharge him yourself," victor managed to this man, trying to keep his voice level and fingers flexed.