105.| ocean eyes

OCEAN EYES
BILLIE EILISH

"victor?"

victor closed his ocean eyes, and wondered if for a moment, when he opened his eyes, that akio fucking tanaka wouldn't be lying bloodied on the floor, that there wouldn't be two drugged-up rich kids smelling like marijuana and new money on the couch, and that he'd be able to just lie beside yuri katsuki on soft white bedsheets and listen to him breathe, to inhale to scent of bubblegum and play with his soft, dark, dark hair.

he opened his eyes. yuri was still standing at the top of the stairs, wearing an oversized grey tee that victor knew probably smelt like akio's cologne, which reached down to his knees and exposed his bare legs.

"hey," victor smiled, trying not to wince because of the split lip akio had given him. he looked away from yuri, not wanting to let his gaze linger there for too long because he knew that any minute, those same blue sirens he'd driven him away from in that silver mercedes would be pulling up outside the house.

"victor...what the...fuck..."

yuri was on the bottom step, bare leg brushing against victor shoulder as he dared not get any closer to akio. one hand was on the banister, picking anxiously as the paint. his hair was gently falling into his eyes, and a little more fell from behind his ears into those chocolate eyes with every shaking, quiet breath.

victor had been right. the t-shirt smelt like akio fucking tanaka's cologne. he recognised the smell.

"why did you do this?" was all yuri managed to put together brokenly, closing his eyes as if scared to open them, pressing his lips together. he sat down on the step beside victor, the two of them staring at the door the police were sure to hammer on soon. yuri ran his hands through his hair.

god, he was beautiful, victor couldn't help but think sadly, smoking his cigarette quietly and fighting off the urge to both look at the blood on the wall or to feel the soft skin of yuri's bare shoulder, exposed by the t-shirt falling to one side, under his chapped lips; lips that tasted like nicotine and blood.

"because of what he's doing to you," victor murmured back to yuri, the two of their voices low, the voices of the two men in the room next door still shaken and still bleary from the weed between their fingers.

as he said this, victor looked down at yuri's bare arm. the ruby red dot was just hidden from sight. yuri's fingertips edged towards it, but victor pushed them away gently.

"don't," he whispered, and yuri looked away from him, eyes shining. victor stubbed out his cigarette against the wall.

"i said don't," he said, firmer, making yuri jump a little.

"don't what?" yuri whispered, voice shaking a little. he looked down towards where akio was lying, moaning almost inaudible, but victor turned his face away from him so that yuri was looking straight into his ocean eyes.

"don't be ashamed," victor said, a lump in the back of his throat - feeling that same anger, that his baby had to feel that way, that it was all his fucking fault. "please, baby. don't be. don't."

yuri smiled, and leant his forehead against victor's, sighing heavily. victor closed his eyes again, as if that would make it all alright, before he pressed his lips to yuri's forehead.

"i love you, yuri katsuki," he said, although his voice could barely be heard because of the storm raging inside him, shards of glass and lyrics to "this must be my dream" stuck in his throat.