32.| 4 a.m.

"hey," phitchit said softly, knocking on yuri's bedroom door. yuri's eyes still glistened from the previous hour, when celestino had slammed shut the door of their apartment.

"look," he said, showing yuri his phone with the cracked screen. "look, yuri, look."

yuri looked up at the small smile of phitchit's face, and took the phone from his hands.

"look at all the texts victor sent you," phitchit whispered excitedly. "celestino must have blocked him."

"oh," was all yuri could get out, his heart beating too fast for even a smile to show on his lips.

received yesterday 23:49

victor🥂: yuri are you hurt??

yuri skimmed down through the floods of worried messages, and it wasn't only the white light of the phone screen that lit up his face. phitchit squeezed his other hand.

"but how did celestino get into your phone?" phitchit asked with wide eyes. yuri shook his head with a simple shrug.

"i don't know, phitchit. i don't know."

phitchit squeezed his hand again reassuringly.

"i'm sorry," he admitted with a guilty smile, "but i did have to look through a few of your messages. it's the victor nikiforov, yuri! don't give me that look! and he seems so sweet. he seems like a really loves you, yuri. do you think he's your prince and he's going to take you away from here?"

"i hope so," yuri said as an attempt at a weak joke, but his smile started to falter as he skimmed through every message, but found no reply of i love you, yuri katsuki from the night before, only the time victor said it as a joke.

victor💋: i love you, yuri katsuki

diamond👄: no you don't !!

yuri have phitchit a small smile, but it was hardly convincing.

maybe celestino was right.
maybe he doesn't love you.
maybe celestino was right.