90.| smoke

MENSWEAR
THE 1975

"hey...victor...y-you there? fuck, victor?"

"jj? jesus - "

"c-can you...fuck...can you hear me?"

"are you fucking wasted? what the fuck do you want? christ - "

"i thought - "

pumping music and a girl laughing overly-loud, a courtesy of alcohol, cut off jj leroy's voice from down the other end of the phoneline. victor got up from where he had been lying on top of the sheets, shirt undone, chris asleep by his side without his jeans, another condom wrapper on the bedside table, and headed into the darkened hallway in his big, expensive white house.

"jj, what the fu - "

"thought you...babe, wait a minute...get off...thought you might want to know...about your fucking...yuri katsuki - "

victor tensed up, hand gripping the bedroom doorframe.

"jj," he stared off slowly, voice low in confusion, "what did you - "

"thought you might want to know that...babe, wait...that he's fucking somebody else now - "

victor didn't move. his fingers started to dig into the wood of the doorframe.

" - someone here knows him...akio tanaka...he's fucking wasted...said he called that leo or whoever to ask...about yuri..."

victor couldn't breathe. jj laughed drunkenly. chris stirred in his sleep from inside the bedroom. the night air was cold on victor's bare skin, exposed by his shirt hanging open.

"...leo told him he was fucking some artist now...said he's his boyfriend..."

icethe1975sofrdarkdarkhairyellowbookslightovertheseabubblegumglasslips

"i just...fuck, i'm drunk...thoughts you might want to know...about your precious...fucking...babe, in a minute...fucking whore katsuki - "

victor hung up, breathed in so hard it hurt, dug a cigarette out of the crumbling marlboro packet in his trousers, and dug his phone into the cold skin of his hands as the smoke stung his eyes like tears.