93.| lipstick

TALK ME DOWN
TROYE SIVAN

"you've moved on pretty quick," yuri laughed, his voice back to that same teasing tone victor knew wasn't his yuri.

he's not yours.

victor looked up from where he was sitting on the bed with his head against the headboard, and saw yuri holding sara crispino's lipstick in his hands.

"you're one to fucking talk," victor replied, and yuri smiled, bit his bottom lip and put it back down on the dresser. then he moved around the room he'd been in only two weeks before, reading that yellow book in the window sill illuminated by white daylight, fingers with nails no loner painted lilac brushing over the different surfaces.

and victor couldn't take his eyes off of him as he looked around the room, which was lit by streetlights only with its own lights off at that time of night; he couldn't take his eyes off of the shape of his body, the way he walked, the way his hair brushed his face every time he turned his head.

victor thought that the pain in his chest was sure to kill him quicker than the toll the drugs would surely have on him one day.

"did i leave this here?"

victor surfaced, and looked over to where yuri held his yellow book in both hands, skimming softly over the page who's corner was turned - victor knew it was page 98, where the "a" of "sea" ran into the sentence's full stop.

"yeah," victor said, sitting up in the bed with a faint rustle of soft white bedsheets. "yeah, you did."

"hm."

yuri put down the book, and turned to look over at victor on the bed.

victor watched how his soft, dark, dark hair brushed his face.

"i'm guessing whoever's lipstick that is isn't the only girl you've been with since i left," yuri said, and victor raised an eyebrow.

"why are you guessing that?"

yuri smiled under his breath.

"because you've got boys and girls throwing themselves at you, haven't you, the victor nikiforov?"

"there's that fucking nostalgia again."

"i'm guessing you've been smoking weed too, huh."

"why are you guessing that?"

"i don't know."

the silence resumed again, and yuri leant back against the dresser once more.

"so i'm right then, am i?" he said with a wry smile, looking over at victor with dark hair in his eyes.

"right about what?"

"that there've been others since me."

victor didn't answer. yuri bit his bottom lip and kept his slight smile.

"knew it," he said softly, and crossed his ankles once more. victor watched him. "anyone i know?" yuri went on, still teasing. "chris?"