110.| codeine

victor watched the houses lining the streets get whiter as chris drove him back from the bail hearing. he couldn't get it out of his head; he knew that yuri had done something. he rubbed at his wrist - the wrist that man in the boss suit had injured months ago - and didn't say anything to chris. he wanted a smoke. he wanted a drunk.

narcissistic junkie.

he smiled when he thought that was something yuri would've said to him. he couldn't tell which big, expensive white house was which and didn't find it in him to care. victor remembered the feel of his hand on the small of yuri's back, cold, and sighed heavily. he wondered what it would be like in that fucking silent hallway. one of those god-awful parties sounded better.

chris pulled up on the quiet street and victor closed his eyes, pretending he didn't have to get out. he heard another car pass them and go off into the distance. he heard chris say his name. he could smell the same cologne on chris as when he'd kissed him and murmured yuri katsuki's name.

"ok," he sighed, and rubbed both hands over his face. "ok, i'm going."

"victor - "

he didn't have the energy to talk and slammed the door shut. the air outside was still cold, as cold as that police officer's room had been. he hadn't liked that officer, and had hated it when he'd mentioned talking to his "boyfriend."

he's not yours.

"victor, victor - "

it wasn't chris, victor made out, after he'd turned to look back at chris's car. he knew that voice - he knew it well. soft; heart racing as if he'd taken a hit, mind whirring as if he were high as a kite. victor turned to see yuri standing only metres away from him. the quiet streets went silent. victor wondered if he'd overdosed. yuri was bleeding, that much he could see, and breathing heavily, his shoulders going up and down.

soft, dark, dark hair in his eyes as victor walked over to him and held him close, holding him tight to see if he was real. yuri grabbed him too and was starting to cry breathlessly into his shoulder, clinging to him like he was a lifeline, breathing heavily. victor kissed him hard and yuri kissed him back harder. he tasted like blood and there was that scent of bubblegum. he was shaking in victor's arms, and there was blood on victor's white shirt again. yuri almost fell to his knees down on the pavement but victor held him up and buried his face in yuri's hair. he was murmuring "you're ok, your ok" countless times over, brushing blood and yuri's hair away from his face, kissing his mouth and keeping him up. yuri looked like he was struggling with the comedown all over again.

victor put his arm under yuri's waist, too stunned to ask what had happened and too fucking anxious because of the blood. yuri stayed close to him whilst victor took him inside and up the stairs. the door shut out the cold and they were going down that silent hallway. victor held yuri to him so close and breathed in the scent of bubblegum like it was oxygen.

yuri leant against the sink with one hand, wiping away the blood that was now smeared across his lips whilst victor took out antiseptic and codeine. yuri swallowed the pills before victor soaked cotton wool and gingerly pressed it to the cut on yuri's temple.

"this is going to hurt," he whispered, and yuri managed a breathless laugh and smile.

"i know," he said, voice quiet and chocolate eyes shining. "i've done this before. to you, remember?"

victor laughed at that, still shocked and heart racing. his right fingers dared to brush the soft skin of yuri's face, left cheekbone, as he pressed the cotton wool into the blood. yuri tightened his grip on the edge of the sink so as not to wince. victor wanted to kiss him so fucking bad.