50.| lace

yuri messed around with the strings at the back of his lace-up cropped top, whilst victor's eyes widened when he saw yuri's bare torso; his eyes widened at the sight of the large black bruises and red welts decorating yuri katsuki's soft skin.

their colour was still dark and angry, but victor knew that the damage was still hidden by smudges of concealer that hadn't rubbed away, and that the damage would look even worse if it was all washed away.

"jesus christ," victor murmured, tears in his eyes that were confused by the fury that he felt. yuri said nothing, and put on the lace-up crop top that now, with the concealer rubbing away, wouldn't be able hide the damage, which was nothing compared to the faint bruise on yuri's cheek that it had hurt victor to see.

"would you lace this up for me?" yuri asked in a near silent voice, and victor's fingers ran through the strings, his eyes  catching onto every bruise on yuri's back, every welt on his ribs that was creeping over the side of his body like poison ivy. and victor nikiforov felt guilt; guilt for flying high as a kite because he was bored out of his skull whilst yuri tried to tell him that the man in the hugo boss suit was going to hurt him.

sugar🍭: because he's going to hurt me, victor

victor closed his eyes, as if everything would be better when he opened them again. but no, he was still sitting on the hospital bed beside yuri katsuki, who had his back to him and array of bruises like splashed of paint on his torso only just visible from where victor sat only inches away.

victor dropped his hands from the strings of the crop top, and he couldn't help but trail his fingers down yuri's bare back, looking in horror at the damage celestino had done to him at the base of his back, the bruises disappearing down the back of yuri's high-waisted jeans that were ripped at the knees. he felt the soft skin with the scent of bubblegum that victor had longed for under his shaking fingertips, and yuri drew in his breath sharply when he reached the heather mess and patches of red that matched his torso on the base of his back.

"he did this to you?" victor asked in a trembling voice, fingers brushing against the warmth of yuri's soft skin. yuri nodded his head of soft dark, dark hair, and scratched at the nape of his neck.

"yes," he replied faintly. "he did."

"i'll fucking kill him," victor said ferociously, dropping his hand from yuri's back. yuri got to his feet, and brushed back his hair slowly. victor could see another bruise framing his left eye in the harsh hospital lights - similar to those of the elevator - and kicked over the chair by yuri's bed in anger.

"i'll fucking kill him, yuri," he said, chest rising and falling quickly as he neared hysteria. yuri smiled at him sadly, and the soles of his shoes squeaked against the linoleum and made victor shiver.

yuri hesitated, as if to say something, before looking away and heading for the door in a baby pink cropped top and ripped jeans, bruises springing up and flowering from yuri's jeans.

"w-wait, you can't leave, yuri," victor stammered out, running over and grabbing him by the arm. "you're not well yet...don't go...you can't go yet...don't let him scare you, yuri..."

"i have to," yuri said, refusing to look victor in the eye. "this," yuri stepped back so that victor could see the bruises that stung his blue eyes once more, "is what he did to me when i tried to argue with him."

"don't be scared of him, yuri,"victor said in a whisper, his hand on one side of yuri katsuki's delicate face, rubbing his thumb backwards and forwards over his cheekbone. "i won't let him hurt you, you hear me?"