101.| sunsetz pt. ii

victor and yuri should get their shit together smh

"you should talk to me," victor said, hands on the steering wheel of the car, the skies darkening overhead, the sea dulling except for the lights of the city in the distance. yuri's fingers momentarily went to his forearm, but he distracted them with victor's empty marlboro packet he had picked up from the sand.

"about what?" yuri said, cheeks cold from the evening air outside. victor rolled his eyes, pain in his chest breaking like a wave onto the shore.

"i know you're not going to come back to me now," victor said, voice monotone with a sense of hopelessness. dust blew into his eyes. "but can't the two of us at least talk about any of this?"

yuri sighed, and wished there was light over the sea again; the lights from city blocks weren't hiding the absence of the sun from him. he could see that now.

"why?" victor said, shrugging, lifting his hands from the steering wheel before setting them back down again. "why will you stay with someone like luca who's hurt you, and you won't come back to me? i mean did i ever hurt you, yuri - "

"a fucking whore? because that's all you are, yuri. a fucking whore. using your body for sex, huh? do you even know what love is, yuri? jesus, yuri, you sell yourself for money. its fucking disgusting."

"intentionally, i mean," victor added, another wave crashing onto the sand, running a hand through his hair, "when i wasn't high...wait, i mean..."

victor sighed heavily. he hadn't been high as a kite when he had said that and he knew it. he had just been so fucking angry.

"you know i'm going away soon," victor said, looking out at the darkening sand, "competing."

"yes, i do," yuri said, still tearing at the cigarette packet.

"i could die in that time," victor went on, tapping an unlit cigarette on the dashboard. yuri laughed a little, and shook his head.

"i'm serious," victor laughed shortly. "drugs. nicotine. they have a toll. i'll drop dead one day, baby. some day, i've got to take too much."

yuri leant his forehead against the cold glass of the car window, and looked at the reflections of the city lights catching against the grey skies outside.

"so you still won't talk to me?" victor asked jokingly, despite the pain in his chest. "even if i might die soon?"

"you're not going to die," yuri murmured softly, still leaning haunts the window. the painkillers for the comedown were wearing off, and the suffocating silence between the two of them and the taste of victor's lips being savoured on his lips did nothing to help the aching.

"how can you be so sure?" victor said, with that same defeated tone yuri had heard down the phone line in akio tanaka's apartment. yuri bit at his bottom lip.

"hey," victor said, although his voice came out more like a whisper, and reached over to brush yuri's soft lips with his thumb. "don't do that, yeah?"

in a flash, gone as as quick as the car that passed them by, yuri was back in chris giacommetti's apartment with akio's tanak pressing him up against the wall and running his thumb over yuri's bottom lip. and in a flash, yuri heard "...i should've let chris fuck me..."

but it went by before he could feel the hit, because victor's touch was softer than akio's, and yuri was too tired to convince himself that letting victor make him feel like this would only hurt him.

"i want to kiss you again," yuri said, victor's hand on the side of his face, thumb rubbing backwards and forward over the bruise luca had left covered by concealer. victor smiled sadly.

"don't," he said, and yuri took victor's hand from his face, hesitated, and leaned over to kiss victor's mouth as he had done on the beach. his lips soft, cold from the evening air, hair dark and soft.

and victor couldn't help but lose himself in yuri's lips, giving into that nagging craving - his addiction to yuri's mouth making him savour the taste, the feel -

"no, yuri," he breathed, against those soft lips. "i...you don't - "

"you're kissing my lips," yuri said, kissing victor again, "not my neck."

victor pulled away, yuri's lips shining in the aftermath of his. he smiled at him sadly, and leant his head back.

"all this fucking money," victor laughed tiredly, unable to not savour the taste of yuri's mouth and feel of his lips, "and yet i don't have what i want."

he turned his head to look over at yuri.

"i don't have you."

yuri smiled, and leant his head against the glass of the car window once more.

"like i said," he said, voice soft, "i only love clichés when they're with you."

victor looked at the lone, cold cigarette on the dashboard.

yuri📼; wouldn't it be such a cliché

yuri📼; if my boyfriend started hitting me

yuri📼; and i let him

"yuri," victor started off, scratching at the back of his neck. he looked over at him, and sighed heavily. words were stuck in his throat, choking him like cigarette smoke.

"did luca hurt you?" victor said finally, and yuri drew in his breath slow as if he were taking a drag.

"he did, didn't he?" victor said in a low voice, and felt that wave of  anger start to roll. "yuri, yuri look at me."

victor put his hand back on the side of yuri's face, on the cheek that had been stained lilac for so long by ringed knuckles, and gingerly rubbed it over with his finger, tilting his head to see any damage on the boy he longed to call his angel's face.

"i know you're good at covering it up with concealer," victor muttered, dropping his hand and thinking back to hospital beds and the shiver that ran down his spine when shoe soles had squeaked against linoleum.

yuri's gaze on him lingered a while, and he longed to feel victor's soft, slightly chapped lips on his neck.

"you want to go?" victor said, lips still warm from yuri's, pain in his chest still pushing out into the space and making it hard for him to breathe.

anger wasn't helping the pain.

"yes," yuri said, voice still soft and quiet, nodding his head of soft, dark, dark hair, "yes, i do."

victor brushed one thumb over his own lips - as if to keep the feel of yuri's lips on his - and yuri thought the city lights were still beautiful as a sunset, watching them catch the light of the sea and the car window as the skies darkened and the silver mercedes pulled away.