35.| precious

victor🍸: of fucking course i was

"what are you smiling at, yuri?" celestino demanded irritably, and yuri turned off his phone immediately.

"nothing. just something phitchit sent me, that's all."

his fingertip was bleeding from the glass fragments of the broken phone screen, caused by celestino kicking open yuri's bedroom door, pushing him down on the bed, tearing his phone out of his hands and hurling it against the wall where it landed with a crack.

"get off your phone."

babe🍬: victor i

"get off of your fucking phone and get ready."

yuri didn't have time to finish typing.

"phitchit?" celestino shouted at the top of his lungs, heavy boots thumping against the floorboards and making yuri wince at the memory of the bedroom carpet against his cheek and the pain of those boots connecting with his ribs. "phitchit are you fucking ready yet? i'm losing patience here."

those words made the boy upstairs move faster around his bedroom, and yuri had to flex his fingers out of the fist they were clenched in.

"is it a party tonight?" one of celestino's other "employees" - a new boy of only sixteen he had found in a rundown brothel in the darker side of town - asked yuri, who shook his head.

"i think you're staying here tonight, leo," yuri said, and the dirty look celestino threw at him made him push his phone back into his back jean pocket. "staying here with me. someone asked celestino for phitchit especially, and whenever that happens, celestino has to go with phitchit to make sure that nothing happens to him."

yuri wondered if leo de la iglesia would look up at him with wide eyes and ask "what? what do you mean, yuri? what could happen to phitchit?" but he didn't; leo only pressed both of his lips together and gave a nod of the head to tell yuri that he understood what he was implying. yuri realised that this boy must've seen what could happen to people like he and phitchit and everyone else who had been discarded to the streets that celestino had picked up in his porsche did for a living.

akio was right.
you are a disappointment.
if only you had worked harder.
you wouldn't have flubbed the jump.
you wouldn't have fallen.
you wouldn't have ruined it all.
you would still have akio.
you would still have your dream.

yuri felt the prickles of a
panic attack coming on, like water curling the edges of paper and spreading across, and yuri balled his hands up into fists and took deep breaths.

"yuri? what's the matter?" the new boy asked worriedly, and yuri slumped to the floor and put his hands over his head, trying to block out the whirring of the ceiling fan and phitchit's frantic calls of "i'm coming!" as celestino started to get more and more impatient and more and more angry.

"yuri?" he could hear leo calling, but it was as if he was floating at the bottom of a swimming pool.

"for fuck's sake," he heard celestino growl. "leo, get him the fucking pills from the bathroom. the blue ones, not the fucking prozac, christ."

leo ran back into the room and handed over the small plastic container to yuri, and yuri swallowed them down.

"jesus," celestino tutted, whilst yuri's breathing began to return to normal and leo was rubbing his back up and down. "a fucking fortune i had to spend on those pills and that fucking prozac bullshit after you pulled that stunt of slitting your wrists, katsuki."